The Cisco 7201 router extends the Cisco 7200 Series innovation leadership with a new 1RU compact form factor router offering not only high-performance through the integrated fixed Network Processing Engine (NPE-G2) but also a low power consumption routing solution.
The Cisco 7201 Router:
- Provides up to twice the performance compared to the Cisco 7301 up to two million packets per second (mpps) in Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF)
- Offers four built-in Gigabit Ethernet (GE) ports
- Provides one dedicated 10/100-Mbps copper Ethernet port for management
- Provides one USB port for general storage and security token storage
- Provides a single Cisco 7000 Series port adapter slot
- Offers front-to-back airflow and single-sided management
Some deployment examples of the Cisco 7201 Router include:
- Tunnel-less VPN key server
- Intelligent Services Gateway (ISG)
- Session Border Controller
- IP-to-IP Gateway
Enterprise Services Aggregation
Cisco Services Aggregation portfolio enables secure delivery across the network.