Customers currently using Cisco® UC Integration for Microsoft Lync 9.2.x are encouraged to update to the latest Cisco® UC Integration for Microsoft Lync version, which is version 10.6 at the time of publication of this notice. Software Download, Install and Upgrade Information can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/uc-integration-tm-microsoft-lync/tsd-products-support-series-home.html.
New orders for Cisco® UC Integration for Microsoft Lync version 9.2x software are already being filled with version 9.7x.
The Last Date of Support for Cisco® UC Integration for Microsoft Lync version 9.2x will be February 15, 2016.
Cisco® UC Integration for Microsoft Lync enables Cisco Unified Communications capabilities directly from Microsoft Lync. This easy-to-deploy desktop integration lets you extend the instant messaging functionality of Microsoft Lync with proven Cisco Unified Communications (UC) services.
With this tight integration for Microsoft Lync, you get a consistent user experience, enhanced communications capabilities, and reduced infrastructure complexity.
● Instantly connect from anywhere using the embedded Cisco IP softphone and high-definition video.
● Get telephony presence, visual voicemail, communications history, and desk phone control.
● Initiate or join multiparty audio, web, and video conferences using Cisco conferencing solutions.
● Simplify communications with easy-to-deploy integration and a single-call control architecture.
● Increase efficiency with Cisco Unified Communications and protect existing desktop investments.
Refer to the following links for more information about Cisco® UC Integration for Microsoft Lync
● Cisco® UC Integration for Microsoft Lync Data Sheets
The Ordering Guide (links below) provides an overview of the various configurations and client part numbers available for Cisco® UC Integration for Microsoft Lync, In addition to the client licenses, phone licenses will be required to register as a softphone with Cisco Unified Communications Manager as described in the Ordering Guide.
● Ordering Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Applications:
◦ Cisco Unified Communications Applications Ordering Guide
To place an order, visit the Cisco Ordering Home Page or contact your Cisco account representative.
For More Information
If you require further assistance, or if you have any further questions regarding this field notice, please contact the Cisco TAC by one of the following methods:
● Open a service request on Cisco.com
● By email
● By telephone