Reduce energy consumption and costs across your data centers and distributed offices.
Now you can get the insight you need to measure and manage energy usage across your entire IP-connected infrastructure. With the Cisco Energy Management Suite, you can reduce energy costs by about 35 percent.
The suite delivers 100 percent visibility into all connected devices, so you can identify inefficient systems, configurations, operational practices, and underutilized assets. The system also provides you with:
● Specific recommendations for optimizing energy usage
● Active power management capabilities to help you reduce overall energy costs
● Tools to calculate return on investment (ROI), identify best practices for energy management, run reports, and more (see Figure 1)
Figure 1. Cisco Energy Management Suite
The Cisco Energy Management Suite contains four modules:
● Cisco Energy Management Discovery Service and Optimization Service
● Cisco Energy Management Software for Distributed Offices
● Cisco Energy Management for Data Center
● Cisco Energy Management as a Service, which handles all of the functionality of the above three but hosted in the cloud instead of requiring client software on your premises.
The system delivers cost savings in days, rather than weeks or months. And with agentless deployment, there’s no need to install software or meters on any of your network devices.
Fine-Tune Energy Usage across the Enterprise
Knowledge is power. And with the Cisco Energy Management Suite, you gain both so you can utilize energy more efficiently. Whether you’re looking to reduce costs, increase agility, decrease your carbon footprint, identify underutilized assets, or all of the above, you’ll have the tools to do it.
● See actual energy consumption, instead of relying on faceplate data.
● Reduce IT cost of ownership by up to $50/port/year for networking equipment.
● Accelerate return on investment (ROI).
● Gain resiliency with a managed cloud service without having to build a high-availability on premise system.
● Pay for what you use and get better budget predictability.
The Cisco Energy Management Suite automatically discovers all IT assets connected to your network and dynamically calculates energy use on a per-device basis. You can view usage by physical location, business unit, data center row, rack, slot, device, virtual machines, and more. You can measure, prioritize, and report on energy usage and carbon reduction efforts.
Even more critically, policy and automation features simplify energy-saving management and control, such as powering off devices when they’re not in use. And alerting capabilities ensure that you’re informed when you reach or exceed power, utilization, and temperature thresholds.
The suite components are described below:
● Cisco Energy Management for Distributed Offices
Provides continuous energy usage visibility, analytics, and policy-based energy management and helps you reduce IT energy costs throughout your distributed office environments. This software solution performs network-based monitoring of all IP-connected devices and systems, regardless of vendor. It includes PCs, Macs, IP phones, access points, printers, switches, routers, and more.
● Cisco Energy Management for Data Center
Provides continuous energy usage visibility, analytics, and policy-based energy management and helps you gain 100 percent visibility into data center energy usage. This software solution performs network-based monitoring of all devices and systems, regardless of vendor, including physical and virtual servers, routers, switches, power distribution units, storage devices, and more.
● Cisco Energy Management Optimization Service
Consists of a 12-month subscription service focused on optimizing energy usage for your IT infrastructure. It includes Cisco Energy Management Software, which allows centralized management across your network. Achieve 100 percent visibility into energy usage in the data center and across distributed offices.
● Cisco Energy Management as a Service
Use this software-as-a-service (SaaS) application to manage energy without hosting the Cisco Energy Management application in your data center. Reduce energy usage and gain complete visibility without having to purchase, provision, or maintain expensive servers. Pay as you grow, with convenient one-, three‑, or five-year subscriptions.
● Desktops and laptops: Windows, Mac, Linux, thin clients, virtualized desktops
● Voice over IP (VoIP) phones
● Wireless access points
● Servers: Physical and virtual
● Storage devices
● Power distribution units (PDUs)
● Uninterruptible power supplies (UPSs)
● Computer room air conditioning (CRAC) units
Table 1 lists the system requirements for using Cisco Energy Management Suite.
Table 1. System Requirements for Cisco Energy Management Suite
20+ GB disk
Windows 2003 or later server
Find warranty information on Cisco.com at the Product Warranties page.
Take advantage of a Cisco Energy Management Fast Start Trial, a free, limited-function 45-day license that provides:
● Trial versions of Cisco Energy Management Software or Cisco Energy Management as a Service
● Monitoring of up to 500 data center and distributed office devices, and devices enabled by Power over Ethernet (PoE)
● Basic reporting features and ROI calculators
For More Information
Ask your Cisco representative about the Cisco Energy Management Fast Start free trial or the Cisco Energy Management Discovery Service. For more information, visit http://energycloud.cisco.com.