PDF(124.7 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:June 23, 2011
Cisco is introducing the new Cisco® Catalyst® 3750-X 12-port and 24-port Gigabit Ethernet Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) switches. The Cisco Catalyst 3750-X fiber switches are enterprise-class stackable switches and can be used for aggregation solutions in small core, midmarket, or branch office environments. These switches provide high availability, scalability, security, energy efficiency, and ease of operation with innovative features such as Cisco StackPower™, four optional network modules, redundant power supplies, and Media Access Control Security (MACsec) features. The Cisco Catalyst 3750-X Series with StackWise® Plus technology provides scalability, ease of management, and investment protection for evolving business needs.
• Four optional uplink network modules with Gigabit Ethernet or 10 Gigabit Ethernet
• Dual redundant, modular power supplies and fans
• MACsec hardware-based encryption
• Flexible NetFlow and switch-to-switch hardware encryption with the uplink service module
• Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) for routed access in IP Base image
• IPv4 and IPv6 routing, multicast routing, advanced quality of service (QoS), and security features in hardware
• Enhanced limited lifetime warranty (LLW) with next business day (NBD) advance hardware replacement and 90-day access to Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) support
• Enhanced Cisco EnergyWise for operational cost optimization
• USB Type-A and Type-B ports for storage and console respectively and an out-of-band Ethernet management port
• Cisco StackPower technology: An innovative feature and industry first for sharing power among stack members
• Cisco StackWise Plus technology for ease of use and resiliency with 64 Gbps of throughput
All switch models can be configured with four optional uplink network modules with Gigabit Ethernet or 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports. The switch models are available with either the IP Base or IP Services feature set. (See Table 1.)
The two feature sets available with the Cisco Catalyst 3750-X fiber switches are:
• IP Base: Baseline Enterprise Services
• IP Services: Enterprise Services
The IP Base feature set provides comprehensive Layer 2 features and baseline enterprise services. IP Base also includes the support for OSPF for routed access, Cisco StackPower, and MACsec. The IP Services feature set provides full enterprise services that include advanced Layer 3 features such as Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), OSPF, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM), and IPv6 routing such as OSPFv3 and EIGRPv6. All software feature sets support advanced security, QoS, and management features.
Cisco Catalyst 3750-X fiber switches will be available and orderable in June 2011.
Table 2 provides ordering information for the new Cisco Catalyst 3750-X fiber switches.
Table 2. Cisco Catalyst 3750-X Fiber Switches Ordering Information
Stackable 12 Gigabit Ethernet SFP Ethernet ports, with 350W AC power supply 1 RU, IP Base feature set
Stackable 24 Gigabit Ethernet SFP Ethernet ports, with 350W AC power supply 1 RU, IP Base feature set
Stackable 12 Gigabit Ethernet SFP Ethernet ports, with 350W AC power supply 1 RU, IP Services feature set
Stackable 24 Gigabit Ethernet SFP Ethernet ports, with 350W AC power supply 1 RU, IP Services feature set
The Cisco Catalyst 3750-X fiber switches come with an enhanced limited lifetime warranty (E-LLW) that includes next business day delivery of replacement hardware where available and 90 days of 8x5 Cisco TAC support.