The Cisco UCS® B480 M5 Blade Server delivers market-leading performance, versatility, and density without compromise.
The enterprise-class Cisco UCS B480 M5 Blade Server delivers market-leading performance, versatility, and density without compromise for memory-intensive mission-critical enterprise applications and virtualized workloads, among others.
With the B480 M5, you can quickly deploy stateless physical and virtual workloads with the programmability that Cisco UCS Manager and Cisco® SingleConnect technology enable. With support for the Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors; up to 6 terabytes (TB) of memory; four SAS, SATA, and NVMe drives; M.2 storage; up to four GPUs, and 160 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity for I/O throughput, the B480 M5 offers exceptional performance, flexibility, and I/O throughput to run your most demanding applications.
The B480 M5 is a full-width blade server supported by the Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis. The 5108 chassis and the Cisco B-Series Blade Servers provide inherent architectural advantages:
● Through Cisco UCS, gives you the architectural advantage of not having to power, cool, manage, and purchase excess switches (management, storage, and networking), Host Bus Adapters (HBAs), and Network Interface Cards (NICS) in each blade chassis
● Reduces the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by removing management modules from the chassis, making the chassis stateless
● Provides a single, highly available Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS) management domain for all system chassis and rack servers, reducing administrative tasks
The Cisco UCS B480 M5 Blade Server delivers flexibility, density, and expandability in a 4-socket, full-width form factor for enterprise and mission-critical applications. It offers:
● Four Intel® Xeon® Scalable CPUs (up to 28 cores per socket)
● 2666-MHz DDR4 memory and 48 DIMM slots with up to 6 TB using 128-GB DIMMs
● Cisco FlexStorage® storage subsystem
● Five mezzanine adapters and support for up to four GPUs
● Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card (VIC) 1340 modular LAN on Motherboard (mLOM) and upcoming fourth-generation VIC mLOM
● Internal Secure Digital (SD) and M.2 boot options
Table 1 lists the specifications for the Cisco UCS B480 M5 Blade Server.
Table 1. Specifications
● Full-width blade server mounts in a Cisco UCS 5100 Series Blade Server Chassis.
● Up to 4 Cisco UCS B480 M5 Blade Servers can be installed per blade server chassis.
Four Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors
48 DDR4 DIMM slots: 16, 32, 64, and 128 GB up to 2666 MHz
5 PCIe 3.0 mezzanine slots:
● 1 slot supports the Cisco UCS VIC 1340 adapter only
● 2 mezzanine-card slots support Cisco adapters, Cisco UCS storage accelerators, and GPUs
● 2 front mezzanine slots support GPUs
● Diskless system (no drive bays or RAID controller), or
● Cisco FlexStorage™ 12-Gbps SAS RAID controller with Hard-Disk-Drive (HDD) cage, providing up to 12-Gbps SAS connectivity
● Cisco FlexStorage 12-Gbps SAS RAID controller with 2-GB cache, Flash-Backed Write Cache (FBWC), and HDD cage, providing up to 12-Gbps SAS connectivity
● Cisco FlexStorage PCI Express (PCIe) Solid-State Disk (SSD) and pass through module with HDD cage
Up to 4 optional, front-accessible, hot-swappable 2.5-inch Small Form Factor (SFF) SAS or SATA HDDs, SSDs, and PCIe NVMe drives
● Dual internal Cisco FlexFlash SD cards (32, 64, and 128 GB) for installing an operating system or hypervisor; the second SD card can be used to mirror the first
● Dual M.2 SATA SSD (240, 480, and 960 GB)
| || |
Hardware and software interoperability
See the Cisco Hardware and Software Interoperability List for a complete listing of supported operating systems and peripheral options.
3.2(1) or above
3.1(2) or above
For ordering information, see the Cisco UCS B480 M5 Blade Server specification sheet.
For information about installing or upgrading your server, see the Cisco UCS B480 M5 hardware installation guide.
Cisco UCS B480 Blade Servers have a 3-year Next-Business-Day (NBD) hardware warranty and 90-day software warranty.
Augmenting the Cisco UCS warranty, Cisco Smart Net Total Care™ and Cisco Solution Support services are part of Cisco's technical services portfolio. Cisco Smart Net Total Care combines Cisco's industry-leading and award-winning foundational technical services with an extra level of actionable business intelligence that is delivered to you through the smart capabilities in the Cisco Smart Net Total Care portal. For more information, please refer to https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/services/smart-net-total-care/index.html.
Solution Support includes both Cisco product support and solution-level support, resolving complex issues in multivendor environments on average 43 percent more quickly than with product support alone. Solution Support is a critical element in data center administration, helping rapidly resolve any issue encountered while maintaining performance, reliability, and return on investment.
This service centralizes support across your multivendor Cisco environment for both our products and solution partner products you’ve deployed in your ecosystem. Whether there is an issue with a Cisco or solution partner product, just call us. Our experts are the primary point of contact and own the case from first call to resolution. For more information, please refer to https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/services/technical/solution-support.html.
Takeback and Recycle Program
Cisco and partner services
Cisco and our industry-leading partners deliver services that accelerate your transition to a Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers solution. Cisco Unified Computing Services can help you create an agile infrastructure, accelerate time to value, reduce costs and risks, and maintain availability during deployment and migration. After deployment, our services can help you improve performance, availability, and resiliency as your business needs evolve and help you further mitigate risk. For more information, visit https://www.cisco.com/go/unifiedcomputingservices.
Financing to help you achieve your objectives
Cisco Capital can help you acquire the technology you need to achieve your objectives and stay competitive. We can help you reduce CapEx. Accelerate your growth. Optimize your investment dollars and ROI. Cisco Capital financing gives you flexibility in acquiring hardware, software, services, and complementary third-party equipment. And there’s just one predictable payment. Cisco Capital is available in more than 100 countries. Learn more.
For more information
For more information about Cisco UCS servers, refer to https://www.cisco.com/go/ucs.