Driven by disruptive next-generation technologies such as 5G, service provider network traffic is expected to increase n-fold by 2020. Service Providers must grow and scale their infrastructure to meet the capacity demand that is expected with this traffic growth, while reducing operational costs, improving profitability, and delivering new revenue generation services and applications.
With industry-leading capacity, density, footprint, and high availability, the Cisco® Network Convergence System (NCS) 560 Router supports these goals by:
● Delivering a dense combination of 4 x 100GE, 40 x 10GE, and 96 x 1GE ports in a modular 7RU form factor with industry-leading service scale and lowest power and cost per gigabit in the industry
● Supporting temperature-hardened products for extended network reach to more challenging and remote locations with minimum environmental control
● Delivering compliance with the stringent timing accuracy and latency requirements for 5G mobile standards
● Providing simplified services and application creation, manageability, operation, and visibility with segment routing, programmability, zero-touch provisioning, and streaming telemetry
● Reducing risk through embedded critical components to deliver security, reliability, and stability to guarantee operational excellence and efficiency
● Improving service time to market delivery through software-enabled automated service abstraction and device onboarding
● Industry-leading port density, capacity, and scale for next-generation applications in a modular and fully redundant form factor
● Cost-optimized platform with reduced complexity and operational efficiency through simplified and highly automated operating paradigm
● Incorporation of innovation technologies to deliver highly secure and available 5G-ready network infrastructure
● Intelligent converged network platform, integrating multiple services on a single device for higher performance, scale, and power per gigabit
The Cisco NCS 560 Router is a full-featured, modular, and programmable aggregation platform. It helps Service Providers build the foundation for a highly secure, automated, programmable, and cost-efficient access network to:
● Deliver cost-effective and converged nextgeneration broadband aggregation services for mobile, residential, and business customers, with best-in-class hardware and purpose-built software technologies.
● Improve business agility in an increasingly dynamic environment with increased service velocity and help Service Providers attain additional revenue from their network infrastructure and next-generation services and applications.
● Reduce costs throughout the service lifecycle and promote efficiency gains in the deployment and operation of the networks by utilizing simplified operations with open standards–based automation and programmability capabilities, which accelerate operational and business processes, while minimizing errors and time to delivery.
Custom call to action
Start your journey delivering cost-effective next-generation services and applications for your customers here with the NCS 560 Router.