The Most Secure Network Interface Device
Cisco® NCS 520 Ethernet Access Device is a next-generation, secured Layer 2 and Layer 3 customer-located and network demarcation devices for Service Providers. This 10 Gigabit Ethernet demarcation point redefine the demarcation between the customer LAN and a Service Provider’s mobile and cloud applications. It provides standards-based demarcation as defined by the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) for services such as Ethernet Point-to-Point Line (ELINE) and Ethernet Multipoint-to-Multipoint (ELAN) services, with advanced clocking and Quality of Service (QoS).
The Cisco NCS 520 is designed to be deployed as a “touchless” Network Interface Device (NID). That means zero-touch provisioning to simplify deployment and enhance security.
The Cisco NCS 520 has been developed with a device security focus with a wide variety of unparalleled, robust hardware and software security features.
● Enhanced security on device for worry-free remote location placements
● Network automation with zero-touch provisioning and open programmable interface with Netconf/Yang and streaming telemetry
● Application-engineered routing to deliver the best experience and optimize network resources
● Rugged form factor with conformal coating to withstand harsher environments
Reduce OpEx with easy deployment and scalability
The Cisco NCS 520 is designed for Ethernet demarcation and carrier Ethernet access. Its differentiating features include:
● Zero-touch deployment
● Pay-as-you-grow investment model
● Robust device security with features such as TrustAnchor module, secured device identifier, secure JTag, and runtime defenses
● Flexible clocking options: 1588v2 and Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE)
● Extended operating temperatures with industrial temperature range support
● Dense, small form factor: 60 Gbps, 1 Rack Unit (RU) with 9-in. depth
Custom call to action
Build a secure, scalable, and future-proof network with the Cisco NCS 520.