The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
Cisco welcomes AMD EPYC™ processors to power your Cisco HyperFlex™ systems
Cisco HyperFlex is a fully engineered hyperconverged platform, combining a purpose-built data platform, Cisco-engineered hardware, and lifecycle management with the Cisco Intersight™ cloud operations platform.
The result of a multiyear partnership, Cisco and AMD have helped transform data center infrastructure and hybrid-cloud operations. Our newest offering, hyperconverged clusters based on Cisco HyperFlex HX225c and HX245c M6 Nodes, give you even more choice. These AMD EPYC processor-powered nodes offer a full range of compute vs. storage-optimized choices with the power to propel workloads including virtualized and hybrid-cloud environments, virtual desktop infrastructure, database management systems, and content delivery. World-record-setting performance, plus a range of CPU options to best match processors with your workloads, makes Cisco HyperFlex with AMD EPYC a great match.
Engineered for demanding workloads
Deploy AMD EPYC processors to power your Cisco HyperFlex clusters when you have particularly demanding and multithreaded workloads including:
● Virtual desktop infrastructure
● Virtualized, private-cloud, and hybrid-cloud workloads
● Database management systems
● Content delivery
● Simplify with cloud-operated HCI through the Cisco Intersight platform
● Supercharge your apps with higher core density, higher performance, and faster I/O
● Streamline your infrastructure with more choices for data center and edge deployments
When you choose Cisco HyperFlex systems with AMD EPYC processors, you gain the inherent advantages that these processors bring to hyperconverged workloads:
● Compute density: With a high core count per server (up to 128) cores, you can propel performance while helping reduce space, power, and cooling costs.
● High performance: Cisco has demonstrated world-record integer and floating-point performance on Cisco UCS servers with AMD EPYC processors, due in part to the unique architecture of Cisco Unified Computing System.™
● Advanced security features: AMD EPYC processors help secure virtualized environments by encrypting virtual machines in main memory, each with a unique key known only to the CPU, helping protect even against a malicious hypervisor. You can take advantage of these features in your on-premises data center and in the public cloud with AMD EPYC powered instances from all the major cloud providers.
● Features for specialized workloads: If your workload is license-cost constrained, you need to get the highest per-core performance from your processor, and AMD’s high-frequency processors boost beyond what the standard product line provides. For computer-aided engineering environments, new AMD EPYC processors with AMD 3D V-Cache™ technology propel these workloads with 768 MB of L3 cache per CPU.
Cisco HyperFlex nodes with AMD EPYC processors extend our HyperFlex portfolio with high virtual machine density and the capability to power the most performance-sensitive workloads.
With two form factors accommodating varying amounts of internal storage and GPU accelerators, you can choose between more storage or more compute density per rack unit. With either option, you can choose to boost performance even further with all-flash versions of the nodes.
With the simplicity of hyperconvergence ready to support all of your applications, Cisco Intersight makes lifecycle management of your data center, remote office, branch office, industrial, and edge locations easy and consistent.
Choose our 2RU nodes for high storage density and I/O expansion. Choose our 1RU nodes for high compute density. Deploy hybrid nodes or boost performance with all-flash versions.
Cisco HyperFlex HX245c M6 and HX245c M6 All Flash Nodes support up to two processors (up to 128 cores) with up to 26 capacity drives (HDD or SSD) along with support for
Cisco HyperFlex HX245c M6 and HX245c All Flash Nodes support up to two processors (up to 128 cores) with up to 6 capacity drives.