Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)

Unified Communications Manager: Configure Maximum Number of Participants for a Meet-Me Conference

Document ID: 111892

Updated: May 14, 2010

Print

Introduction

This document describes the steps to increase the number of participants for a meet-me conference on Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.x and later.

Prerequisites

Requirements

There are no specific requirements for this document.

Components Used

The information in this document is based on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.x and later.

The information in this document was created from the devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If your network is live, make sure that you understand the potential impact of any command.

Conventions

Refer to the Cisco Technical Tips Conventions for more information on document conventions.

Meet-me conference

Meet-me conferences require that a range of directory numbers be allocated for exclusive use of the conference. When a meet-me conference is set up, the conference controller chooses a directory number and advertises it to members of the group. The users call the directory number to join the conference. Anyone who calls the directory number while the conference is active joins the conference. This situation applies only when the maximum number of participants that is specified for that conference type is not exceeded and when sufficient streams are available on the conference device.

When you press Meet-Me on the phone in order to initiate a meet-me conference, Cisco Unified Communications Manager considers you the conference controller. The conference controller provides the directory number for the conference to all attendees, who can then dial that directory number to join the conference. If other participants in a meet-me conference press Meet-Me and the same directory number for the conference bridge, the Cisco Unified Communications Manager ignores the signals.

Configure

Complete these steps in order to increase the number of participants or sessions for a meet-me conference on Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

1. Go to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager web administration page, and choose System > Service Parameters.

Note: Choose Service > Service parameters for Cisco CallManager 4.x.

2. Choose the publisher server from the Server drop-down list.

3. Choose Cisco call manager service from the Service drop-down list.

4. Select the Maximum MeetMe Conference Unicast parameter under the Clusterwide Parameters (Service ) section. You can increase or decrease the meet-me sessions for the conference.

Note: The value of the Maximum MeetMe Conference Unicast field depends on the capabilities of the software/hardware conference bridge. For example, a software conference bridge conferences up to 128 participants. When a conference is created, the system automatically reserves a minimum of three streams. If you specify a value less than three, it allows a maximum of three.

Note: In order to verify if you have a software or hardware conference bridge, go to Cisco Unified CM Administration > Media Resources > Conference Bridges and click on the configured conference bridge. Under the Conference Bridge Type field, you can see if it is a software or hardware conference bridge.

Note:  Example: If the software conference bridge is configured for 48 streams, the Max meetMe conference Unicast is set to ten, and you have four meet-me numbers, you can have up to four meet-me conferences of ten participants each.

Refer to Conference Bridge Types in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration for more information about the conference bridge and its maximum participant support information.

Verify

There is currently no verification procedure available for this configuration.

Troubleshoot

There is currently no specific troubleshooting information available for this configuration.

Related Information

Updated: May 14, 2010
Document ID: 111892