This document describes the migration of contacts from Cisco Unified Presence Release 8.6.4 to Instant Messaging & Presence (IM&P) Release 9.1.1a.
Cisco recommends that you have knowledge of these topics:
- Cisco Unified Presence Server Release 8.6.x
- Cisco Unified Presence Server Release 9.x
The information in this document is based on the Cisco Unified Presence Server.
The information in this document was created from the devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If your network is live, make sure that you understand the potential impact of any command.
How do you migrate contact lists from Cisco Unified Presence Server Release 8.x to Release 9.x using the Bulk Administration Tool?
- Export the contact lists via Bulk Administration Tool (BAT) on the 8.6.4 system:
- In Presence Administration, navigate to Bulk Administration > Contact List > Export.
- Choose All Users in the Cluster (or whichever is most appropriate for your situation).
- Click Find.
- Click Next.
- Name the file and choose Run Immediately.
- Navigate to Bulk Administration > Upload/Download Files.
- Find the file that you just created and download it.
- Import the .txt file that you generated into the 9.x IM&P system:
- In IM&P Administration, navigate to Bulk Administration > Upload/Download Files.
- Click Add New.
- Navigate to your file, choose Target Type Contact Lists, and Transaction Type Import Users? Contacts.
- Check the box for Overwrite File if it exists if you want to overwrite an existing file with the same name.
- Navigate to Bulk Administration > Contact List > Update.
- Choose the new file from the list.
- Choose Run Immediately.
- Click Submit.
- Navigate to Bulk Administration > Job Scheduler.
- Click Find.
- Locate the job that you just created and monitor it in order to ensure that the process was completed successfully.