Simplify Security with SAFE
This overview of SAFE will show you how to map security capabilities to threats. (PDF – 6 MB)
Easy-to-Use Security Reference Architecture
SAFE can help you simplify your security strategy and deployment. This Cisco security reference architecture features easy-to-use visual icons that help you design a secure infrastructure for the edge, branch, data center, campus, cloud, and WAN. The framework encompasses operational domains such as management, security intelligence, compliance, segmentation, threat defense, and secure services.
SAFE solutions have been deployed, tested, and validated at Cisco and provide guidance, best practices, and configuration steps.
Why complicate your security network design? Keep it simple with SAFE.
The SAFE Key
The SAFE Key organizes security by using two core concepts: Places in the Network (PINs) and Secure Domains.
PINs reference examples of locations that are found in networks and the infrastructure needed to create them:
- Data center
- Internet edge
Secure Domains are operational areas used to protect these locations. They are security concepts that traverse an entire network:
- Security intelligence
- Threat defense
- Secure services
SAFE design guides have been tested, validated, and deployed at Cisco. They provide best practices, configuration steps, and more.
SAFE Edge Remote Access VPN with DDoS Design Guide (PDF - 4.6 MB)
Ransomware Defense Design Guide (PDF - 3.7 MB)
Cisco security guides relate to specific PINs and Secure Domains in the SAFE framework.
Secure Internet Edge
- SAFE Edge Remote Access VPN with DDoS Design Guide (PDF - 4.6 MB)
- Ransomware Defense Design Guide (PDF - 3.7 MB)
- Data Center Microsegmentation: Enhance Security for Data Center Traffic
- Secure Data Center for Enterprise: Multi-Data Center Sites Deployment of Cisco ASA Clustering with FirePOWER Services Design and Implementation Guide (PDF - 3.4 MB)
- Secure Data Center for Enterprise--Threat Management with NextGen IPS Design Guide (PDF - 4.1 MB)
- Secure Data Center for Enterprise--Threat Management with NextGen IPS Implementation Guide (PDF - 2 MB)
- Cisco Threat Management with Passive Mode NextGen IPS Implementation Guide (PDF - 989 KB)
- Cisco Cyber Threat Defense for the Data Center Solution: Cisco Validated Design (PDF - 1.4 MB)