The Cisco Connected Safety and Security (CSS) Unified Computing System
®) Platform Series offers you performance and density for deploying and managing Cisco
® Video Surveillance Manager. It comprises a suite of two server models and a wide array of features in a single, easy-to-use, and easy-to-deploy configuration.
• CSS UCS C220 is an enterprise-class server in a one-rack unit (1-RU) form factor with Intel Xeon E5-2600 series processor family CPUs that deliver significant performance and efficiency. In addition it supports up to four 3.5-inch drives for added density in a compact 1RU package.
• CSS UCS C240 is an enterprise-class server in a two-rack unit (2-RU) form factor with dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 series processor family CPUs that deliver significant performance and efficiency. In addition, it supports up to twelve 3.5-inch drives for storage expandability and performance.
Figures 1 and 2 show the CSS UCS C220 and CSS UCS C240, respectively. Tables 1 and 2 address the software application available on each server.
Figure 1. Cisco Connected Safety and Security UCS C220
Table 7. Cisco Connected Safety and Security UCS Platform Series Ordering Information
Cisco Connected Safety and Security UCS C220 1-RU chassis with motherboard, one 2.4 GHz 4 core CPU, one 8GB memory dimm, and one 650W power supply (no drives and no option cards)
Cisco Connected Safety and Security UCS C240 2-RU chassis with motherboard, dual 2.0 GHz 6 core CPU, dual 8GB memory dimm, and dual 650W power supply (no drives and no option cards)
1 TB SAS 7.2K RPM 3.5 inch HDD
2 TB SAS 7.2K RPM 3.5 inch HDD
3 TB SAS 7.2K RPM 3.5 inch HDD
650W power supply for CPS UCS servers
Emulex Lpe 12002 Dual Port 8Gb FC HBA
Cisco Connected Safety and Security UCS Platforms are available through Cisco Authorized Technology Provider Partners.
Service and Support
Cisco and our certified partners can help you accelerate success and improve the return on your investment in a Cisco Connected Safety and Security solution. The Cisco lifecycle approach to services defines the requisite activities at each phase of the solution lifecycle:
• Reduce deployment costs by identifying the features that will best meet your business requirements
• Accelerate migration by assessing the readiness of your network to support the system and by developing a sound design
• Support smooth implementation through effective planning and expert installation, configuration, and integration
• Increase operational efficiency and extend the value of your investment with superior technical support