This article describes how to take a network capture from Unity Connection. Directions are given in order to gather the logs from the Real Time Monitor Tool (RTMT) and from the CLI.
Q. How do you take a network capture from Unity Connection?
A. You can take a sniffer capture from the command-line or CLI of Unity Connection. In order to start the capture, enter this command with the file name that you want:
utils network capture eth0 size ALL count 100000 file <file-name>
Press Enter in order to start the capture, and Ctrl-C in order to stop the capture.
In order to gather the capture, follow one of these steps:
- You can gather a capture from RTMT the same way that you gather a trace.
- Navigate to RTMT > Trace & Log Central > Collect Files.
- Click Next. Check the Packet Capture Logs check box.
- Select the timeframe when the capture was taken, and the location that you want to download to.
- You can gather a capture via CLI.
- In order to display the directory where the capture is placed, enter the file list activelog /platform/cli/* command.
- In order to download the file to an SFTP server, enter the file get activelog /platform/cli/<filename> command.