You can enable Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) on an SSL appliance. The SSL Appliance models 1500, 2000 and 8200 support the standard SNMP MIB2 tables, and use the SNMP v2c version of the protocol. This document provides you the steps to enable SNMP on an SSL Appliance.
The following components have been used on this document:
- SSL appliances 1500, 2000, 8200
- Software Version 3.6 or greater
The information in this document was created from the devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If your network is live, make sure that you understand the potential impact of any command.
You can configure SNMP on an SSL Appliance using the web user interface of the appliance. The steps are:
1. Navigate to the Platform Management menu and select Management Network.
2. Click on the pencil icon to edit the settings. The Edit Management Network window appears.
3. Fill in the appropriate fields, enable SNMP and configure the SNMP parameters appropriately for your SNMP management system. Click OK.
4. Apply the platform configuration changes.