How to accept mail for additional internal domains on the ESA
Environment: Cisco Email Security Appliance (ESA), all versions of AsyncOS
- To accept mail for a domain on the ESA, create an entry for that domain in the Recipient Access Table (RAT).
- In the GUI, choose Mail Policies > Recipient Access Table (RAT).
- Select the correct listener from the Overview for Listener drop-down list.
- Click Add Recipient.
- Enter the domain name in the Recipient Address field.
- Choose Accept from the Action drop-down list.
- Depending on your setup, you might want to check your Incoming Mail Policies.
- Enter a SMTP route entry to deliver to the destination host. Choose Network > SMTP Routes.
- Click Add Route and enter the new domain and the corresponding destination host IP address.
- Adjust the MX record for the domain so that it points to the IP of the ESA. Note: This adjustment is not done on the ESA.
- Test your setup using either of these ways:
- Use the Trace utility
- In the CLI use the trace command.
- In the GUI, go to System Administration > Trace.
- Send a test message to your domain.
- You can check the mail logs to see how the message passed through the system or use message tracking