This document describes the international or multilingual capabilities of AsyncOS for Email on the Cisco Email Security Appliance (ESA).
What international or multilingual capabilities does AsyncOS for Email provide on the ESA?
AsyncOS contains support for double-byte character sets. Specifically, the message filters (including body scanning), content dictionaries, message notifications, footer stamping, and content filters features will recognize, contain, and/or scan for text in these character encodings:
- Unicode (UTF-8)
- Unicode (UTF-16)
- Western European/Latin-1 (ISO 8859-1)
- Western European/Latin1 (Windows CP1252)
- Traditional Chinese (Big 5)
- Simplified Chinese (GB 2312)
- Simplified Chinese (HZ GB 2312)
- Korean (ISO 2022-KR)
- Korean (KS-C-5601/EUC-KR)
- Japanese (Shift-JIS (X0123))
- Japanese (ISO-2022-JP)
- Japanese (EUC)
For more information about character sets, see the AsyncOS Configuration Guide at Email Security End-User Guides