This document describes how to import a current Cisco Email Security Appliance (ESA) configuration file into a new appliance when a replacement is required.
Cisco recommends that you have knowledge of the Cisco ESA.
The information in this document is based on the Cisco ESA that runs AsyncOS Versions 7.1.x and later.
The information in this document was created from the devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If your network is live, make sure that you understand the potential impact of any command.
How do you import a configuration file into a new appliance?
Complete these steps in order to save the current configuration file:
- Navigate to System Administration > Configuration File on the current ESA.
- Select Download file to local computer in order to view or save the file.
- Uncheck the Mask passwords check box under Configuration Files.
- Click Submit and select your destination.
Complete these steps in order to suspend listening so that mail no longer flows through the current appliance:
- Navigate to System Administration > Shutdown /Suspend on the current ESA.
- Check the Suspend Mail listener check box.
- Click Commit.
Complete these steps in order to import the configuration file into your new appliance:
- Navigate to System Administration > Configuration File on the new ESA.
- Select Load Configuration File from your computer and click Browse.
- Click Load.