Cisco has released free software updates that address the vulnerability described in this advisory. Customers may only install and expect support for software versions and feature sets for which they have purchased a license. By installing, downloading, accessing, or otherwise using such software upgrades, customers agree to follow the terms of the Cisco software license:
Additionally, customers may only download software for which they have a valid license, procured from Cisco directly, or through a Cisco authorized reseller or partner. In most cases this will be a maintenance upgrade to software that was previously purchased. Free security software updates do not entitle customers to a new software license, additional software feature sets, or major revision upgrades.
When considering software upgrades, customers are advised to regularly consult the advisories for Cisco products, which are available from the Cisco Security Advisories and Alerts page, to determine exposure and a complete upgrade solution.
In all cases, customers should ensure that the devices to be upgraded contain sufficient memory and confirm that current hardware and software configurations will continue to be supported properly by the new release. If the information is not clear, customers are advised to contact the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) or their contracted maintenance providers.
Customers Without Service Contracts
Customers who purchase directly from Cisco but do not hold a Cisco service contract and customers who make purchases through third-party vendors but are unsuccessful in obtaining fixed software through their point of sale should obtain upgrades by contacting the Cisco TAC:
Customers should have the product serial number available and be prepared to provide the URL of this advisory as evidence of entitlement to a free upgrade.
Cisco fixed this vulnerability in the following software releases:
- Cisco IMC Supervisor releases 220.127.116.11 and later
- Cisco UCS Director releases 18.104.22.168 and later (recommended: 22.214.171.124)
- Cisco UCS Director Express for Big Data releases 126.96.36.199 and later (recommended: 188.8.131.52)
Customers can download the Cisco IMC Supervisor software from the Software Center on Cisco.com by doing the following:
Click Browse all.
- Choose Servers - Unified Computing > Integrated Management Controller (IMC) Supervisor > IMC Supervisor 2.x.
- Access releases by using the left pane of the IMC Supervisor 2.x page.
Customers can download the Cisco UCS Director software from the Software Center on Cisco.com by doing the following:
- Click Browse all.
- Choose Servers - Unified Computing > UCS Director > UCS Director 6.7.
- Access releases by using the left pane of the UCS Director 6.7 page.
Customers can download the Cisco UCS Director Express for Big Data software from the Software Center on Cisco.com by doing the following:
- Click Browse all.
- Choose Servers - Unified Computing > UCS Director > UCS Director Express for Big Data 3.7.
- Access releases by using the left pane of the UCS Director Express for Big Data 3.7 page.