The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
With Cisco® Edge Intelligence, you gain:
● The ability to seamlessly extract, transform, and share data from connected assets at the IoT edge to multicloud environments
● An all-in-one solution for easy deployment out of the box
● Full data ownership, control, and governance
● Cisco security
The best decisions are made when the right people have access to the right information at the right time. The Internet of Things (IoT) has dramatically increased the volume and variety of data produced, opening the door to a wave of new possibilities. The key is to extract the data from its source, transform it so it is usable, and securely deliver the right data to the right applications to put it to work.
But most solutions today are so complicated that organizations often cannot reap the full rewards of their data-gathering projects. The most important data is often at the remote edge of the network, where the core business operates, such as in oil rigs, delivery trucks, and utility substations, and on roads. In addition, organizations lose insight into who has access to what data and often don’t have the needed flexibility and simplicity to send the data everywhere it needs to go.
Cisco Edge Intelligence is IoT data orchestration software that delivers data from connected assets at the edge to multi-cloud application destinations securely, reliably and consistently. The software integrates with Cisco’s industrial networking and compute devices for an out-of-the box experience that simplifies deployments and lowers costs. Edge Intelligence comes with an intuitive user experience and centralized management offered as a service that enables remote deployment at scale.
Cisco Edge Intelligence helps you take control of your data throughout key aspects of its lifecycle, helping you simplify from start to finish.
1. Extract: Provide simple data extraction at the edge. The software has built-in industry-standard connectors such as OPC Unified Architecture, Modbus, EtherNet Industrial Protocol (EIP)/Common Industrial Protocol (CIP), and MQ Telemetry Transport (MQTT) that allow data to be extracted from disparate sources with minimal to no coding needed. The data is then converted to industry-standard formats to enable its full use.
2. Transform: Once the data is extracted, Edge Intelligence enables real-time micro processing to filter, compress, or analyze data in a uniquely simple way. Via a plug-in, Edge Intelligence is fully integrated with one of the most popular tools, Microsoft Visual Studio. Developers can create, test, and deploy code without ever leaving the tool. Organizations then have the data they need from multiple aggregated sources to gain actionable insights for the best decision making.
3. Govern: In a heterogeneous industrial environment, many vendors compete with the customer for access and ownership of sensor data. Edge Intelligence gives back the authority to the customer to establish a central point to govern and decide where the raw or transformed data should go.
4. Deliver: Create data access policies at the edge and automatically deploy them with the push of a button – no more manual, error-prone, and expensive configurations. You can choose which data is sent to which destination, and even send it to multiple cloud destinations. Microsoft Azure, Software AG, and Quantela cloud users will have immediate benefits because we have done the integration work for you. Connect to them easily using a drop-down menu.
Cisco Edge Intelligence is supported on the Cisco IC3000 Industrial Compute Gateway and Cisco’s 1101 and 829 Industrial Integrated Services Routers.
Simplifying your complex IoT solutions will enable you to change the way you run your business. Cisco Edge Intelligence gives you that ability without compromising your data. For additional information, visit www.cisco.com/go/edgeintelligence.