Cisco Aironet 1552S Outdoor Access Point
Provide high-performance 802.11n connectivity along with a seamless solution for wireless sensor networks in hazardous environments.
- Address the need for more wireless broadband coverage for uses such as video surveillance, VoIP, and data applications.
- Provide reliable connectivity for industrial sensing and monitoring equipment used in Industries such as gas and oil refineries, chemical plants, mining pits, and factories.
The Cisco Aironet 1552S offers a single-box solution rather than requiring multiple separate wireless networks-one for 802.11n, one for an ISA100 Wireless sensor network and one for a WirelessHART sensor network.
By eliminating the extra power and network connections, the 1552S saves money and also reduces deployment times. It offers a flexible, secure, and scalable mesh network for high-performance wireless coverage for Wi-Fi, ISA100 Wireless and WirelessHART devices. All of these factors help improve overall plant reliability, safety, and profitability.
The access point is also Class 1, Div 2/Zone 2 Hazardous Location certified.
Features and capabilities
- Operational continuity for mission-critical applications in hazardous environments like oil and gas refineries, chemical plants, mining pits, and factories
- Compatibility with ISA100 Wireless and WirelessHART devices simultaneously
- A single box solution, reducing deployment times and minimizing the total cost of ownership
- Integrated wired and wireless, which provides cost savings with end-to-end network access solutions, including wireless, switching, routing, and security
- Flexibility and scalability of reliable multidevice and multinetwork application delivery
Specifications at a glance
- Integrated ISA100 Wireless and WirelessHART compatible backbone router for wireless sensor networks
- Designed for hazardous environments (Certified Class 1 Div2/Zone2 Enclosure)
- Cisco CleanAir technology provides integrated spectrum intelligence for a self-configuring and self-healing network
- 2x3 multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology
- Multiple IEEE radio support (802.11a/n, 802.11b/g/n)
- 3 antenna MIMO and two spatial streams
- Diversity antenna support for 802.15.4 sensor radio
- Multiple uplink options (Gigabit Ethernet-10/100/1000 BaseT, Fiber SFP interface)
Cisco Aironet 1552SA Model
Cisco Aironet 1552SD Model