The 1552H Outdoor Access Point is our hazardous locations model in the Cisco Aironet 1552 Series. It is Class I, Div 2/Zone 2 certified and designed for hazardous environments, such as oil and gas refineries, chemical plants, mining pits, and manufacturing yards. The Cisco Aironet 1552H Outdoor Access Point offers a flexible, secure, and scalable mesh network for high-performance mobility.
Features and Capabilities
The 1552H supports multiple-device and multiple-network application delivery, such as real-time, easy-to-use mobility, video surveillance, and public and private Wi-Fi access.
- Operational continuity for mission-critical applications in hazardous environments like oil and gas refineries, chemical plants, mining pits, and factories
- Integrated wired and wireless for cost savings with end-to-end network access solutions, including wireless, switching, routing, and security
- Flexibility and scalability of reliable multi-device and multi-network application delivery
The 1552H is a single box solution, which helps customers reduce deployment times and the total cost of ownership.
Specifications at a Glance
- Supports a dual Wi-Fi radio system compliant with IEEE 802.11a/n (5 GHz) and 802.11b/g/n (2.4 GHz) standards
- Operates in hazardous environments (certified Class I Division2/Zone2 enclosure)
- Provides integrated spectrum intelligence for a self-configuring, self-healing network through Cisco CleanAir Technology
- Improves reliability and coverage for traditional Wi-Fi clients with Cisco ClientLink
- Improves 802.11n range and performance with 2x3 multiple input, multiple output (MIMO) technology