Comprehensive Security - Physical, Virtual, Cloud
The ASA 1000V complements the zone-based security capabilities of the Cisco Virtual Security Gateway (VSG) to extend Cisco's virtual and cloud security portfolio. It provides multi-tenant edge security, default gateway functionality, and protection against network-based attacks.
Solution Flexibility and Operational Efficiency
Integration with the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch provides simple yet crucial solution enhancements for virtual and cloud infrastructure security:
- A single ASA 1000V instance can span across and help to secure multiple VMware ESX hosts for enhanced deployment flexibility and simplified management.
- Multiple hypervisor capable solution provides unmatched deployment flexibility which eliminates vendor lock-in.
The Cisco ASA 1000V Cloud Firewall also employs the Cisco Prime Network Services Controller for the following important benefits:
- Helps to enable rapid and scalable deployment through dynamic, template-driven policy management based on security profiles
- Enhances management flexibility through an XML API that helps enable programmatic integration with third-party management and orchestration tools
- Helps to ensure collaborative governance with role-relevant management interfaces for network, server, and security administrators
Ask Questions, Get Answers
Visit Cisco Community Central, and join the conversation about Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches.