A Single System for Packet and Transport
The Cisco Carrier Packet Transport (CPT) System is the first Packet-Optical Transport System (P-OTS) built on standards-based Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) technology. It unifies both packet and transport technologies, giving service providers a strong foundation for the next generation of transport.
This P-OTS platform supports DWDM, OTN, Ethernet, and MPLS-TP integrated in a single system. And it smoothly interoperates with existing deployed IP MPLS networks.
The Cisco Carrier Packet Transport (CPT) System offers:
- A unique architecture with remote managed satellite units
- A compact, energy-efficient form factor
- Outstanding Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet port density per rack unit
- Integrated A-to-Z management for packet and transport
Business benefits include:
- Agile service delivery, including business, residential, mobile backhaul, data center, and video services
- Support for existing operational models
- "Pay-as-you-grow" scalability
- MPLS-TP Public Interoperability Testing
Read the compelling results from the industry's first public MPLS-TP interoperability test. This white paper by Isocore has the details.