Advance Catalyst 6500 Capabilities with Supervisor 2T Engine
The Supervisor Engine 2T delivers innovations in scale, security, virtualization, and application monitoring for Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series switches, and reduces TCO.
Our flagship switching product line, Cisco Catalyst 6500 provides built-in flexibility and versatility when deployed in the campus, data center, WAN, and Metro Ethernet networks.
The Supervisor 2T provides 2-terabit system performance for 80Gbps switching capacity per slot on all Catalyst 6500 E-Series Chassis. As a result, you can:
- Maintain investment protection through backward compatibility
- Deliver scalability and performance improvements such as distributed forwarding (dCEF) 720Mpps with the fourth-generation Policy Feature Card (PFC4)
- Support future 40Gbps interface and nonblocking 10Gbps modules
- Enable new applications and services with hardware accelerated VPLS, Layer 2 over mGRE for Network Virtualization
- Take advantage of integrated Connectivity Management Processor (CMP) for improved out-of-band management.
The Supervisor Engine 2T maintains backward compatibility with released linecards, chassis, and power supplies.
Follow us for the latest information:
- Lippis Report on Campus Networking (PDF - 2.89 MB)
Read Lippis analysis of the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 2T.
- View Catalyst 6500 Interactive Demo
- Catalyst 6500 Supervisor 2T Architecture White Paper
See how the Next Generation Catalyst 6500 features are unleashed with the Supervisor Engine 2T.
(All Cisco Network Modules Data Sheets) Presentations
(All Cisco Network Modules Presentations) Q&A
(All Cisco Network Modules Q&A) White Papers
(All Cisco Network Modules White Papers)