The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
Cisco® Networking is your team’s bridge to an intent-based network. It is an open, extensible, software-driven portfolio that helps accelerate and simplify your enterprise network operations while lowering costs and reducing risk. Only Cisco provides a single-network fabric that is powered by deep intelligence and integrated security to deliver automation and assurance across your entire network organization at scale. Cisco Networking gives IT time back from time-consuming, repetitive network configuration tasks so you can focus on the innovation your business needs.
The latest innovations in Cisco Networking include new software capabilities that deliver greater intelligence and security through Cisco Catalyst software subscription for switching and Cisco DNA software subscription for wireless and an architectural approach that delivers end-to-end visibility, automation, and insights.
Cisco Catalyst software subscription for Switching
Scale your network for business expansion; segment your network for security, compliance, and complex processes; and centralize network access policy management for secure access. Get base product-level support for both your software and hardware.
Cisco DNA software subscription for Wireless
Get exceptional wireless performance for high-density environments; personalize services through location-based solutions; and secure your network by protecting devices, data, and your business with strong, network-based security. Built with an agile OS, the new wireless controller are the most secure controllers that are always-on and can be deployed anywhere.
● Ongoing access to newest features.
● Up-to-date security protection.
● Software refresh independent of hardware.
● Ability to renew and scale what you want.
● License portability for flexibility.
● Better together pricing.
● Linear, predictable budget spend.
● Software Support Service (SWSS) included for both switching and wireless, and base product-level support for software and hardware included (Catalyst software subscription for Switching only).
Cisco Smart Licensing is a flexible licensing model that provides you with an easier, faster, and more consistent way to purchase and manage software across the Cisco portfolio and across your organization. And it’s secure – you control what users can access. With Smart Licensing you get:
● Easy Activation: Smart Licensing establishes a pool of software licenses that can be used across the entire organization—no more PAKs (Product Activation Keys).
● Unified Management: My Cisco Entitlements (MCE) provides a complete view into all of your Cisco products and services in an easy-to-use portal, so you always know what you have and what you are using.
● License Flexibility: Your software is not node-locked to your hardware, so you can easily use and transfer licenses as needed.
To use Smart Licensing, you must first set up a Smart Account on Cisco Software Central.
For a more detailed overview on Cisco Licensing, go to cisco.com/go/l icensingguide.
The new Cisco Catalyst software subscription for Switching is available Cisco® Catalyst 9000 Series switches.
Catalyst Essentials delivers base automation, monitoring, and management.
With this solution, customers can enable basic automation and monitoring. Catalyst Essentials is not available on Cisco Catalyst 9600 Switches.
Catalyst Advantage delivers policy-based automation with SD-Access, monitoring, and Cisco DNA Assurance.
Cisco Spaces entitlement for Smart Buildings (See and Extend) is included for Cisco Catalyst 9300 and 9400 Series Switches.
ISE Advantage licenses are included, quantity depending on the switch model.
Base product-level support for both software and hardware is included in the Essentials and Advantage tiers.
For a full list of features for switching, visit:
● The Cisco DNA subscription for wireless is available on Catalyst 9100 Access Points, Catalyst 9800 Series Controllers (9800-40, 9800-80, 9800-L and 9800-CL) as well as Cisco 802.11ac Wave 2 Aironet (R) access points and controllers (WLC 3504, 5520 and 8540).
Cisco DNA Essentials delivers base automation and basic assurance.
Cisco DNA Advantage delivers Automation, Assurance, Cisco AI Network Analytics and location analytics with Cisco Spaces.
For a full list of features for wireless, visit: https://www.cisco.com/c/m/en_us/products/software/dnasubscription-wireless/en-swsub-matrix-wireless.html?oid=porew018984.
The Cisco DNA Expansion Pack is a flexible way to purchase Cisco ISE, Cisco Spaces, Secure Network Analytics (Stealthwatch), ThousandEyes and other licenses, appliances, and services in one convenient bundle. Enhance your Cisco networking solutions such as SD-Access, Zero Trust solutions, Encrypted Traffic Analytics (ETA), location analytics, and assurance. You can add the pack to your Cisco DNA software licenses and choose the license count that fits your needs.
For more details, contact a Cisco sales or Cisco registered partner.
Digital business relies upon a new digital network in enterprise networking and in the data center. This new network requires a software based and policy-driven approach, automation, built-in security, and proactive monitoring and troubleshooting informed by insights from your business. Cisco is delivering this via Cisco Networking.
Through these innovations, we make it easier for IT to respond to the ever-evolving demands of your business. Cisco is the premier company with the breadth, depth, and intellectual property to fully enable all of your organization’s telecommunications needs now and into the future.
Cisco Technical Support
When purchasing the Cisco Catalyst software subscription for Switching, you are automatically entitled to base product-level support for software and hardware support included in the subscription, helping you streamline purchasing, management, entitlement, and renewals for software licenses and support. This base support offers:
● 24x7 access to the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) for support across software and hardware: Cisco Catalyst Switching software, Catalyst 9000 Switches, and the OS
● Software and OS updates
● Access to My Cisco Entitlements and Support Case Manager for a view assets, licenses, and support cases.
● A four-hour TAC response objective for severity 1 and 2 service requests for software, hardware, and OS issues.
● A next business day TAC response objective for severity 3 and 4 service requests for software, hardware, and OS issues.
Note: Hardware replacements are accessed separately through Catalyst 9000 Extended Lifetime Warranty (E-LLW).
When purchasing the Cisco DNA software subscription, you are automatically entitled to Cisco Software Support Service (SWSS) included in the subscription. SWSS offers:
● 24x7 access to the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) for Cisco DNA Software support.
● Software updates.
● A one-hour TAC response objective for severity 1- 4 service requests for software issues.
For assistance with hardware issues, you can choose to purchase Cisco Smart Net Total Care—which offers device-specific support—or Cisco Solution Support—which offers centralized support across hardware and software from Cisco and any third-party technology providers, delivering technical care that considers interoperability across your Cisco Networking solution. These hardware support options also include Cisco’s eight Return Materials Authorization (RMA) options.
To learn more about how Cisco Networking can help your organization on its journey, visit the Cisco Networking website https://www.cisco.com/site/us/en/products/networking/software/index.html.
For information about Cisco Services, visit https://www.cisco.com/go/services.