The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
Versatility and performance for data-intensive applications
The Cisco UCS C240 M7 Rack Server is well-suited for a wide range of storage and I/O-intensive applications such as big-data analytics, databases, collaboration, virtualization, consolidation, and high-performance computing in its two-socket, 2RU form factor.
The Cisco UCS C240 M7 Rack Server extends the capabilities of the Cisco UCS rack server portfolio. It incorporates 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors with 50 percent more cores per socket than the previous generation. Many applications will see significant performance and efficiency improvements with accelerators built into the CPUs.
You can deploy the Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers as standalone servers or with Cisco Intersight to take advantage of Cisco standards-based unified computing innovations that can help reduce your Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and increase your business agility.
● Improve performance, efficiency, and help achieve sustainability goals with more CPU cores and built-in accelerators in the 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable Processors
● Decrease server Operating Expenses (OpEx) for power and cooling, management, and maintenance by consolidating older servers onto the latest generation of Cisco UCS C240 M7 Rack Servers
● Simplify administration and management of your server infrastructure with Cisco Intersight, freeing your IT staff to focus on mission-critical and value-added projects
● Get up to 28 drives for maximum storage capacity
● Up to two 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors, up to 60 cores per socket
◦ 32x DDR5 DIMMs for up to 8 TB of capacity using 256 GB DIMMs
◦ 4800 MT/s DDR5 memory, plus other speeds, depending on the CPU installed
● Up to 4 PCIe 5.0 slots or up to 8 PCIe 4.0 slots plus a hybrid modular LAN-on-Motherboard (mLOM)/ OCP slot
● Support for Cisco UCS VIC 15000 Series adapters as well as third-party options
● Up to 28 SAS/SATA or NVMe disk drives
◦ RAID controller options available
● M.2 boot options
◦ Up to two 960 GB SATA with optional hardware RAID
◦ Up to two 960 GB NVMe with Intel VROC RAID
● Up to five GPUs supported1
For more information about modernizing or consolidating your current infrastructure using the Cisco UCS C240 M7 Rack Server, refer to the data sheet or spec sheet. For more information about all Cisco UCS Servers, please visit https://www.cisco.com/go/ucs.