Designed for mission-critical applications that demand the most processing power possible in a single server, the Cisco UCS® C890 M5 Rack Server, with eight sockets and up to 36TB of memory, is designed for scale-up, data-intensive workloads like SAP S/4 HANA, BW/4 HANA, Epic Caché databases, and other large databases or massive virtualization workload consolidation efforts.
SAP S/4 HANA migration support
Performance and availability are critical aspects of any business application, especially for SAP customers as they are migrating from traditional databases to the new in-memory SAP HANA database. The amount of data generated and managed in these database applications has grown considerably and large application servers are required to meet that demand.
For large databases and other applications, scale-up architectures can provide TCO advantages vs. clusters of smaller servers through reduction in OS licensing and server management.
The Cisco UCS C890 M5 Rack Server comes as 15 preconfigured models that provide optimal configurations and accelerate the ordering and delivery experience.
● In memory databases, provides faster data access and superior query performance
● Delivers 605,730 SAPS for the most demanding SAP applications
● 224 physical cores and 448 threads maximize the concurrent execution of multithreaded applications
● Easy to manage with future support in Cisco Intersight™
The Cisco UCS C890 M5 Rack Server is designed to deliver exceptional performance, expandability, and efficiency for scale-up workloads. It offers:
● Eight 2nd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors or
◦ Intel Xeon Scalable CPUs Intel Xeon Platinum 8268, 8276, or 8280L
◦ 96 DIMM slots (12 DIMMs per CPU socket), 2933 MHZ DDR4
◦ Support for Intel Optane™ persistent memory
◦ Up to 36 TB of capacity
● Up to 23 PCIe 3.0 slots
● 4x 10Gb 10GBase-T ports standard
◦ Support for optional 25GB Ethernet and 32GB Fibre Channel adapters
● Up to 16 Small-Form-Factor (SFF) front-loading hot-pluggable drives
● Eight optional additional internal SFF drives
● RAID controller options available
● Internal dual M.2 drive options