Edge deployments have differing needs, and Cisco offers several solutions: Cisco UCS Mini, Cisco HyperFlex™ Edge, the Cisco UCS E-Series, and now the Cisco UCS C240 SD M5 Rack Server. The C240 SD M5 Rack Server is well-suited for the edge, outside the data center, in places like Points of Presence (POPs), Colocation facilities (COLOs), small IT closets, industrial environments, or anywhere needing a short-depth or rugged server.
Short depth: Many edge locations can’t accommodate a full-length server. For those places, the compact form factor of the C240 SD M5 may be a nice fit.
Ruggedized: Uniquely NEBS2-certified for edge deployments, the C240 SD M5 is ideal for harsher locations by providing improved thermal margins and vibration resistance.
As a full-featured server with 2nd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors and support for multiple PCIe options and NVMe drives, you have a high-power UCS computing option to process data and run applications at the edge.
● No-compromise performance, with 2nd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and large-capacity and fast memory in a short-depth form factor.
● With a depth of just 22”, the Cisco UCS® C240 SD M5 Rack Server fits in many space-constrained environments.
● NEBS1-certified for deployment in harsher locations and providing improved thermal margins and vibration resistance.
● Easy to deploy and manage with Cisco Intersight™ and the full suite of Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS) management tools or your existing tools via our APIs.
Cisco UCS servers were designed to be easily deployed and managed. You can deploy the UCS C240 SD M5 Rack Server with Cisco Intersight, as a standalone server, or as part of the Cisco Unified Computing System. Intersight also allows you to remotely manage the server. If you have a technical issue, with Connected TAC you can open a case without ever sending someone on site. The superior manageability and serviceability of Cisco UCS helps reduce your Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and increase your business agility.
The Cisco UCS C240 SD M5 Rack Server is designed to deliver exceptional performance, expandability, and efficiency for environments that need a more compact or rugged server. It offers:
● Up to two 2nd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors
● 24 DIMM slots
◦ 24x DDR4 DIMMs or 12x DDR4 DIMMs + 12x Intel Optane™ DC Persistent Memory modules
● Up to 6 PCIe 3.0 slots
● Up to six NVMe/SAS/SATA front-loading hot-pluggable drives
● Support for 4th Gen Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Cards (VICs) supporting 100 or 10/25 Gigabit Ethernet
● RAID controller options
● Internal SD or M.2 boot options
For more information about the Cisco UCS C240 SD M5 Rack Server, refer to the data sheet.
For more information about all Cisco UCS Servers, please visit https://www.cisco.com/go/ucs.