The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
The Cisco UCS® C480 M5 Rack Server is Cisco’s 4-socket mission-critical rack server. It is designed to deliver performance and efficiency gains for a wide range of memory-intensive applications and bare-metal and virtualized workloads. Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers can be deployed as standalone servers or as part of the Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS) to take advantage of Cisco® standards-based unified computing innovations, which help reduce customers’ Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and increase their business agility.
The Cisco UCS C480 M5 Rack Server extends the capabilities of the Cisco UCS rack server portfolio. It incorporates the 2nd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors with 14 percent more cores per socket, 266 percent more storage, 10 times more NVMe Solid-State Disk (SSDs), 20 percent more PCIe slots, and three times the number of GPUs supported than the previous generation of servers. These improvements deliver significant performance and efficiency gains that will improve your application performance. The Cisco UCS C480 M5 Rack Server delivers outstanding levels of expandability and performance.
● Do more with less by taking advantage of faster CPU cores in the 2nd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors and larger-capacity, faster memory performance.
● Take advantage of up to 12 TB of memory or up to 6 TB of memory with 12 TB of the fastest persistent storage with Intel Optane™ DC Persistent Memory in Application Mode for your SAP, SAP HANA, SQL, Oracle, and data warehouse applications.
● Increase Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) worker productivity and deep learning and machine learning with up to six GPUs.
● Deploy servers as standalone servers or as part of the Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) to fit your environment and processes.
● Decrease server Operating Expenses (OpEx) for power and cooling, management, and maintenance by consolidating older servers onto the latest generation of Cisco UCS M5 servers.
● Cisco UCS C480 M5 Rack Servers are supported by the full suite of Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) management tools and are engineered for Cisco Intersight™. Cisco Intersight is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) management platform that uses analytics to deliver proactive automation and support. By combining intelligence with automated actions, you can reduce costs dramatically and accelerate time to resolution.
The Cisco UCS C480 M5 Rack Server offers exceptionally high performance and reliability to power the most computation- and memory-intensive mission-critical enterprise applications and virtualized and bare-metal workloads. It provides:
● Up to four 2nd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors (with up to 28 cores per socket)
◦ 48 DIMM slots (12 DIMMs per CPU socket)
◦ 2933 MHZ DDR4 memory plus other speeds depending on the CPU installed
◦ 48x DDR4 DIMMs for up to 12 TB of capacity using 256 GB DIMMs or
◦ 24x DDR4 DIMMs + 24x Intel Optane DC Persistent Memory modules for 12 TB or 18 TB for memory mode or App Direct mode respectively
● CPU and memory in 2 CPU and 24 DIMM CPU modules
● 12 PCIe 3.0 slots
● Up to 24 Small-Form-Factor (SFF) front-loading hot-pluggable drives (three sets of eight)
● Up to eight SFF internal top-loading, hot-pluggable SAS, SATA, and NVMe drives
● Up to 32 NVMe drives supported
● RAID controller options
● Internal Secure Digital (SD) or M.2 boot options
◦ SD card: up to 128 GB
◦ M.2: up to 960 GB with optional hardware RAID
● Two 10GBASE-T LAN On Motherboard (LOM) modules
● Up to six GPUs supported
For more information about all Cisco UCS Servers, go to https://www.cisco.com/go/ucs.