The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
The Cisco UCS® C240 M5 Rack Server is well-suited for a wide range of storage and I/O-intensive applications such as big data analytics, databases, collaboration, virtualization, consolidation, and high-performance computing.
You can deploy the Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers as standalone servers or as part of the Cisco Unified Computing System™ to take advantage of Cisco® standards-based unified of expandability and performance. Computing innovations that help reduce customers’ Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and increase their business agility.
The Cisco UCS C240 M5 Server extends the capabilities of the Cisco UCS Rack Server portfolio. It incorporates the 2nd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors or Intel Xeon Scalable processors with more than 20-percent more cores per socket with more than 20 percent more cores per socket servers and four times more NVMe PCIe Solid-State Drives (SSDs) supported versus the previous generation of servers.
These improvements deliver significant performance and efficiency gains that will improve your application performance. The Cisco UCS C240 M5 Rack Server delivers outstanding levels of expandability and performance.
● Do more with less by taking advantage of faster CPU cores in the 2nd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors and larger-capacity, faster memory performance
● Protect your investment with the latest server technologies: NVMe and M.2.
● Cisco Intersight™. Cisco Intersight is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) management platform that uses analytics to deliver proactive automation and support. By combining intelligence with automated actions, you can reduce costs dramatically and accelerate time to resolution
● Cisco UCS C240 M5 Rack Servers are supported by the full suite of Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) management tools and are engineered for UCS Manager, with service profiles, enables rapid deployment and a policy based, stateless, agile server infrastructure
● Decrease server Operating Expenses (OpEx) for power and cooling, management, and maintenance by consolidating older servers onto the latest generation of M5 servers
The Cisco UCS C240 M5 Rack Server is designed to deliver exceptional performance, expandability, and efficiency for storage and I/O-intensive infrastructure workloads. It offers:
● Up to two 2nd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors or Intel Xeon Scalable CPUs (with up to 28 cores per socket)
◦ 24 DIMM slots (12 DIMMs per CPU socket)
◦ 2933 MHZ DDR4 memory plus other speeds depending on the CPU installed
◦ 24 x DDR4 DIMMs for up to 6 TB of capacity using 256 GB DIMMs or
◦ 12x DDR4 DIMMs + 12x Intel Optane™ DC Persistent Memory modules for 6 TB or 9 TB for memory mode or App Direct mode respectively
● Up to 6 PCIe 3.0 slots
● Dual-port Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card 1497 (VIC 1497) 100 Gigabit Ethernet, VIC 1457 quad-port 10/25 Gigabit Ethernet, or VIC 1387 40 Gigabit Ethernet modular LAN-On-Motherboard (mLOM) in a dedicated slot
● Up to 12 Large-Form-Factor (LFF) or 24 Small-Form-Factor (SFF) front-loading hot-pluggable drives
◦ Up to eight front-loading NVMe drives supported
● Up to two SFF rear-loading, hot-pluggable SAS, SATA, or NVMe drives.
● RAID controller options
◦ Embedded Software RAID
◦ Cisco 12 Gigabit Ethernet SAS Modular RAID Controller in a dedicated slot
● Internal SD or M.2 boot options
◦ SD card: up to 128 GB
◦ M.2: up to 960 GB with optional hardware RAID
● Two 10GBase-T LOMs
● Up to six GPUs supported
For more information about the Cisco UCS C240 M5 Rack Server, refer to the Data Sheet and Spec Sheets (SFF/LFF). For more information about all Cisco UCS Servers, please visit https://www.cisco.com/go/ucs.