The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
Density without compromise
For remote sites or data centers, the enterprise-class Cisco UCS® B200 M5 Blade Server delivers market-leading performance, versatility and density without compromise for workloads ranging from web infrastructure to distributed databases.
The Cisco UCS B200 M5 Blade Server can quickly deploy stateless physical and virtual workloads with the programmability provided by Cisco UCS Manager and Cisco Single Connect technology. With the 2nd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors or Intel Xeon Scalable processors, up to 3 TB of memory or 6 TB of Intel Optane™ DC Persistent Memory, up to two SAS, SATA, and NVMe drives plus M.2 storage, up to two GPUs, and up to 80 Gigabit Ethernet, the Cisco UCS B200 M5 Blade Server offers exceptional levels of performance, flexibility, and I/O throughput to run your applications.
Cisco UCS B200 M5 Blade Servers are supported by the full suite of Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS) management tools and are engineered for Cisco Intersight™. Cisco Intersight is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) management platform that uses analytics to deliver proactive automation and support. By combining intelligence with automated actions, you can reduce costs dramatically and accelerate time to resolution.
● Do more with less by taking advantage of faster CPU cores in the 2nd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors and largercapacity, faster memory performance.
● Increase Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) worker productivity with double the GPU support of previous blade servers.
● Decrease server Operating Expenses (OpEx) for power and cooling, management and maintenance by consolidating older servers onto the latest generation of Cisco UCS B200 M5 Blade Servers.
● Simplify administration of your server infrastructure with Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) management, freeing your IT staff to focus on mission-critical and valueadded projects.
● Automate rapid deployment with Cisco UCS Manager for faster time to value.
What it does
The Cisco UCS B200 M5 Blade Server is the industry’s highest-density, most flexibly expandable modular 2-socket blade server. The B200 M5 offers:
● Up to two 2nd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors or Intel Xeon Scalable CPUs (with up to 28 cores per socket).
- 24 DIMM slots (12 DIMMs per CPU socket ).
- 2933 MHZ DDR4 memory plus other speeds depending on the CPU installed.
- 24 x DDR4 DIMMs for up to 6 TB of capacity using 256 GB DIMMs or
- 12x DDR4 DIMMs + 12x Intel Optane DC Persistent Memory modules for 6 TB or 9 TB for memory mode or App Direct mode respectively.
● Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card (VIC) 1440 or 1340 modular LAN on Motherboard (mLOM).
● Two mezzanine card adapters:
- One rear slot for VIC (Cisco UCS VIC 1480 or 1380 cards or port expander), GPU, and flash storage options.
- One front slot dedicated for GPU, Cisco FlexStorage RAID controller, or Cisco FlexStorage pass-through.
- Up to two SAS, SATA hard-disk drives, Solid-State Disks (SSD), and NVMe options.
● Internal Secure Digital (SD) and M.2 boot options.
- SD card: up to 128 GB.
- M.2: up to 960 GB with optional hardware RAID.
● Up to two GPUs supported.
Call to action
For more information about all Cisco UCS servers, go to https://www.cisco.com/go/ucs