PDF(218.8 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:February 23, 2006
The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
Cisco 12000 Series
Channelized Line Card
Service providers face the challenge of meeting customer demand by building scalable, feature-rich networks that can deliver value-added services such as private IP connectivity; integrated data, voice, and video services; and tiered service offerings at all interface rates without compromising density. The Cisco® 12000 Series Channelized IP Services Engine (ISE) line cards provide a solution for the ever-increasing need for bandwidth and transmission capacity. These line cards take advantage of existing infrastructure, significantly lowering provisioning costs in terms of transmission and routing equipment. With the high-density aggregation offered by these line cards, service providers can build cost-efficient networks to serve large numbers of customers using telco infrastructure for IP access.
The Cisco 12000 Series 1-Port Channelized OC-12/STM-4 (STS3/VC4) ISE Line Card provides DS-0/DS-1 channelization (Figure 1).
The Cisco 12000 4-Port Channelized OC-12/STM-4 POS ISE Line Card provides channelization to DS-3 (Figure 2).
The Cisco 12000 1-Port Channelized OC-48/STM-16 POS ISE Line Card provides channelization to DS-3 (Figure 3).
Figure 1. Cisco 12000 Series 1-Port Channelized OC-12/STM-4 ISE Line Card
Figure 2. Cisco 12000 4-Port Channelized OC-12/STM-4 POS ISE Line Card
Figure 3. Cisco 12000 1-Port Channelized OC-48/STM-16 POS ISE Line Card
Table 1 describes the basic features on the Cisco 12000 Series Channelized line cards.
Table 1. Product Features
• 4 Mpps for IP and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) forwarding with most services enabled in isolation or in combination, including access control lists (ACLs), committed access rate (CAR), and NetFlow v5 (sampled) and v8
Reliability and availability
• Online insertion and removal (OIR)
• Capability of support for both SONET automatic protection switching (APS) and SDH linear multiplex section protection (MSP) protocols; MR APS support is available today
• Mean time between failure (MTBF) in excess of 100,000 hours
• Cisco IOS® command-line interface (CLI)
• Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
• SONET/SDH MIB (RFC 2558)
• DS3/E3 MIB (RFC 2496)
• DS1/E1 MIB (RFC 2495)
• MIB II, including interface extensions
• SONET MIB
• BGP-4 MIB
• CAR MIB
• Cisco CAR MIB
• Cisco CDP MIB
• DS1/E1 MIB
• SONET/SDH MIB
Protocols, as applicable
• IETF RFC 1490, Frame Relay Encapsulation
• RFC 1662, Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) in High-Level Data Link Control (HDLC)-Like Framing
• Cisco HDLC
• Cisco Discovery Protocol
• Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP)
• Multilink PPP (RFC 1990) (as applicable for 1-port Channelized OC-12c/STM-4 (DS-1/E1) IP services engine [ISE] line card)
• FRF.12, link fragmentation and interleaving (LFI) (as applicable for 1-port Channelized OC-12c/STM-4 (DS-1/E1) ISE line card)
• Layer 3 routing protocols, including Border Gateway Protocol Version 4 (BGPv4), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), IGRP, Routing Information Protocol (RIP), RIPv2, and others
• Multicast forwarding with support for source and shared distribution trees and the following protocols, including others not listed:
Cisco delivers innovative services programs through a unique combination of people, processes, tools, and partners, resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction. Cisco services help you protect your network investment, optimize network operations, and prepare your network for new applications to extend network intelligence and the power of your business. For more information about Cisco services, contact your local Cisco representative or visit the Cisco Website.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information about the Cisco 12000 Series Channelized line cards, contact your local Cisco representative or visit: