The Cisco® IP Conference Phone 8832 is a business-class conferencing station for large meeting rooms and executive offices.
The Cisco IP Conference Phone 8832 enhances people-centric collaboration by delivering easy-to-use audio conferencing with astounding voice quality and clarity. Newly developed microphones and loudspeakers provide the richest sound of any conference phone on the market. Our unique acoustic design includes a “studio-monitor” full-range speaker. This loudspeaker architecture provides a dynamic, detailed sound with low distortion and low-frequency clarity, making conferencing an in-person experience with exceptionally clear and natural audio quality.
The Cisco IP Conference Phone 8832 provides a simple, flexible, scalable solution that meets the challenges of the most diverse rooms. With the base unit alone, it provides 360-degree coverage for any 20x20-foot room and up to 10 participants. With the optional wired extension microphone kit, it covers any 20x34 foot room and up to 22 participants. It is ideal for executive offices, conference rooms, and boardrooms.
The 8832 unit has a sleek form by using approachable materials for a differentiated, modern look and feel. The key design elements include the following:
● 3.9-inch 480x128-pixel color LCD
● Textile cover for soft touch and durability
● Large mute button in the middle of the device for easy access from all angles
● LED indicator above the mute button showing the call status
● Raised edge for easier handling and repositioning on tabletop
● Crisp, precise button tactility
● Single USB-C port on the device to minimize the number of cables on the table (an Ethernet injector is required for any non-Wi-Fi deployment)
The optional wired microphone kit includes two wired microphones with anodized aluminum top housing.
The key features of this conference phone are as follows:
● 360-degree room coverage; base unit alone covers up to a 10-foot microphone pickup range.
● Single line with a user experience of multiple calls per line.
● Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) signaling.
● Codec support, including G.711(u/A), G.729a, G.729ab, iLBC, G.722, and OPUS.
● IPv6 support.
● Secure Hash Algorithm (SHA)-256 enabled for advanced security features.
● Compatible with both IEEE 802.3af and 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE) Class 3 consumption. An Ethernet adapter is available.
Features and benefits
Table 1 lists the features and benefits of the Cisco IP Conference Phone 8832.
Table 1. Features and benefits
480x128-pixel backlit 24-bit color LCD, 3.9-in. (9.9 cm) diagonal
10/100 BASE-T via an Ethernet Injector
The phone has the following keys:
● Four context-sensitive soft key bars
● Two-way navigation bar and select button
● Standard keypad
● Volume-control bar
● Large mute key for ease of access
IEEE Power over Ethernet (PoE)
IEEE PoE Class 3; Compatible with both IEEE 802.3af and 802.3at switch blades; supports both Cisco Discovery Protocol and Link Layer Discovery Protocol - Power over Ethernet
Call control support
Native support in Cisco Unified Communications Manager 12.0(1); DevPack required for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 10.5.2, 11.0, and 11.5
Table 2 lists the specifications of the Cisco IP Conference Phone 8832.
Table 2. Specifications
Audio codec support
G.711 a-law and mu-law, wideband (G.722), G.729a, G.729ab, Internet Low Bitrate Codec (iLBC), OPUS
● + Dialing
● Adjustable ring tones and volume levels
● Call forward
● Call history lists
● Call timer
● Call waiting
● Caller ID
● Corporate directory
● Music on Hold (MoH)
● Predialing before sending
● Shared line
● Speed dial (Favorites)
● Time and date display
● Voicemail (messages)
Quality-of-Service (QoS) options
The phone supports Cisco Discovery Protocol and 802.1Q/p standards, and can be configured with an 801.1Q VLAN header containing the VLAN ID overrides configured by the admin VLAN ID
● Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for signaling
● Session Description Protocol (SDP)
● User Datagram Protocol (UDP) (used only for Real-Time Transport Protocol streams)
● Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) client or static configuration
● Gratuitous Address Resolution Protocol (GARP)
● Domain Name System (DNS)
● Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP)
● Secure HTTP (HTTPS)
● Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP)
● Real-Time Control Protocol (RTCP)
● Cisco Discovery Protocol
● LLDP (including LLDP-MED)
● Switch speed auto-negotiation
● Secure credential storage
● Image authentication
● Random bit generation
● Manufacturer-Installed Certificates (MIC)
● Secure boot
● SHA-256 enabled for advanced security features
● Ethernet 802.1X supplicant options: Extensible Authentication Protocol – Flexible Authentication via Secure Tunneling (EAP-FAST) and Extensible Authentication Protocol – Transport Layer Security (EAP-TLS)
● Signaling authentication and encryption using TLS v1.2
● Media authentication and encryption using SRTP
● HTTPS for client and server
● Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol server
(H x W x D)
10.9 x 10.9 x 2.4 in. (278 x 278 x 61 mm)
4.07 lb (1.85 kg)
Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) textured plastic; Cisco cosmetic class A
32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
Nonoperational temperature shock
14° to 140°F (-10° to 60°C)
● Operating 10% to 90%, noncondensing
● Nonoperating 10% to 95%, noncondensing
The 8832 conference phone supports multiple languages:
● Arabic (Arabic Area)
● Bulgarian (Bulgaria)
● Catalan (Spain)
● Chinese (China)
● Chinese (Hong Kong)
● Chinese (Taiwan)
● Croatian (Croatia)
● Czech (Czech Republic)
● Danish (Denmark)
● Dutch (Netherlands)
● English (United Kingdom)
● Estonian (Estonia)
● French (Canada)
● French (France)
● Finnish (Finland)
● German (Germany)
● Greek (Greece)
● Hebrew (Israel)
● Hungarian (Hungary)
● Italian (Italy)
● Japanese (Japan)
● Korean (Korea Republic)
● Latvian (Latvia)
● Lithuanian (Lithuania)
● Norwegian (Norway)
● Polish (Poland)
● Portuguese (Portugal)
● Portuguese (Brazil)
● Romanian (Romania)
● Russian (Russian Federation)
● Serbian (Republic of Serbia)
● Slovak (Slovakia)
● Slovenian (Slovenia)
● Spanish (Columbia)
● Spanish (Spain)
● Slovak (Slovakia)
● Swedish (Sweden)
● Thai (Thailand)
● Turkish (Turkey)
● Ukrainian (Ukraine)
Certifications and compliance
● Regulatory compliance
◦ CE Markings per directives 2014/30/EU and 2014/53/EU and 2014/35/EU
◦ UL 60950 Second Edition
◦ CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950 Second Edition
◦ EN 60950 Second Edition (including A11 & A12)
◦ IEC 60950 Second Edition (including A11 & A12)
◦ EN 60950-1
◦ IEC 60950-1
◦ AS/NZS 60950.1
● EMC – Emissions
◦ 47CFR Part 15 (CFR 47) Class B
◦ AS/NZS CISPR32 Class B
◦ EN 300 386
◦ ICES003 Class B
◦ VCCI Class B
◦ KN22 Class B
● EMC – Immunity
◦ Armadillo Light
◦ AS/ACIF S004
◦ Industry standards: TIA 810 and TIA 920
◦ Industry standards: IEEE 802.3 Ethernet, IEEE 802.3af and 802.3at
◦ FCC Part 2.1093 (BT RF Exposure TR)
◦ RSS-102 (BT RF Exposure TR)
◦ EN 300 328
◦ EN 300 440
◦ EN 301 406
◦ EN 50385 (BT RF Exposure TR)
◦ EN 301-489-1
◦ EN 301-489-3
◦ EN 301-489-6
◦ EN 301-489-17
◦ EN 301 893
◦ NCC LP0002
Table 3 lists the ordering information for the Cisco IP Conference Phone 8832 and its accessories.
Table 3. Ordering information
Cisco IP Conference Phone 8832 base in charcoal color for North America. This also includes an Ethernet injector or a 18W power adapter along with a 9.8-ft (3-m) USB-C cable.
Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8832 base in white color for North America. This also includes an Ethernet injector or a 18W power adapter along with a 9.8-ft (3-m) USB-C cable.
Cisco IP Conference Phone 8832 base in charcoal color for APAC, EMEA, Australia, and New Zealand. This also includes an Ethernet injector or a 18W power adapter along with a 9.8-ft (3-m) USB-C cable.
Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8832 base in white color for APAC, EMEA, Australia, New Zealand. This also includes an Ethernet injector or a 18W power adapter along with a 9.8-ft (3-m) USB-C cable.
Cisco IP Conference Phone 8832 base No-Radio (NR) version in charcoal color. This also includes an Ethernet injector or a 18W power adapter along with a 9.8-ft (3-m) USB-C cable.
Optional Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8832 Wired Microphone Kit for worldwide use. Kit includes 2 wired microphones.
Cisco IP Conference Phone 8832 Power Adapter SPARE for North America
Cisco IP Conference Phone 8832 PoE Accessories SPARE for Worldwide
Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8832 base SPARE in charcoal color for North America; base unit ONLY without any Ethernet or power adapters.
Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8832 base SPARE in white color for North America; base unit ONLY without any Ethernet or power adapters.
Cisco IP Conference Phone 8832 base SPARE in charcoal color for APAC, EMEA, Australia, New Zealand; base unit ONLY without any Ethernet or power adapters.
Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8832 base SPARE in white color for APAC, EMEA, Australia, New Zealand; base unit ONLY without any Ethernet or power adapters.
Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8832 base No-Radio (NR) version SPARE in charcoal color; base unit ONLY without any Ethernet or power adapters.
Cisco IP Conference Phone 8832 Ethernet Injector SPARE for North America
Here are the recommended ordering options based on the power sources:
● Power over Ethernet (PoE): A Cisco IP Conference Phone 8832 Ethernet Injector is required. Please order CP-8832-K9, CP-8832-W-K9, CP-8832-EU-K9, CP-8832-EU-W-K9 or CP-8832-NR-K9, which includes the Ethernet injector inside the base package.
The Cisco IP Conference Phone 8832 is covered by a standard 1-year replacement warranty.
Cisco Unified Communications Services
Cisco and our certified partners can help you set up a secure, dependable Cisco Unified Communications solution, meeting aggressive deployment schedules and accelerating business advantage. Cisco’s portfolio of services is based on proven methodologies for unifying voice, video, data, and mobile applications on fixed and mobile networks.
Our unique lifecycle approach to services defines what’s needed at each phase of the solution lifecycle. Customized planning and design services help you create a solution that meets your business needs. Award-winning technical support helps you boost your operational efficiency. Remote management services simplify day-to-day operations. And optimization services let you modify and improve your network solution when business needs change.
Financing to help you achieve your objectives
Cisco Capital® can help you acquire the technology you need to achieve your objectives and stay competitive. We can help you reduce CapEx. Accelerate your growth. Optimize your investment dollars and ROI. Cisco Capital financing gives you flexibility in acquiring hardware, software, services, and complementary third-party equipment. And there’s just one predictable payment. Cisco Capital is available in more than 100 countries. Learn more.
For additional details about the Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series, go to https://www.cisco.com/go/ipphones/8800.