More Devices, Stronger Security
Why You Need a Next-Generation Network
The growing number of mobile devices, challenges of navigating networking clouds, and the presence of new security threats are testing the limits of today's networks. Many networks that were previously "good enough" no longer meet current requirements. A low-cost, low-function network limits the IT department's ability to adapt to today's demands.
Cisco provides the innovation, support, and reliability you need to build a network that supports these new developments. With more than US$5 billion each year invested into research and development, and 20,000 engineers worldwide, Cisco has the breadth and depth to help you:
- Prepare your network for video and cloud services and applications
- Provide in-depth, at-scale security
- Lower your total cost of ownership (TCO) to allow for new investments
- Manage a wider variety of mobile devices on your network
- Transition to IPv6
Cisco can also help you simplify and speed the deployment of current and future technologies in order to meet the needs of a next-generation workforce.
Cloud Computing with Confidence
Find out how you can more securely migrate to cloud-based applications.
Prepare Your Network for Tablets
Learn how to support the growing number of devices reliably and more securely.
Stronger Security for Changing Needs
Protect corporate assets in times of enhanced mobility and growing use of cloud computing.
Cisco's smart services allow customers to accelerate innovation by delivering network insight. By correlating customer network data with best practices, smart services give customers the information they need to get the most from technology investments.
- Speeding data analysis and reporting by 50 percent can give one customer quicker access to the critical trending analyses and insight needed to enhance network performance, and to plan and design more effectively as they grow their infrastructure.
- Comparing benchmarks against anonymous peers helps guide decisions about which technologies to adopt to compete and differentiate.
- Taking advantage of unprecedented productivity can increase focus on core competencies and expand businesses into new areas. Cisco's expertise in creating and delivering smart services is unmatched, encompassing 25 years' industry experience with more than 50 million installed devices and 6 million annual customer interactions. Cisco and partners deliver smart services to help customers predictably manage the health and stability of their networks, reduce costs, mitigate risk, and accelerate innovation.
Examples of smart services include:
- Cisco Network Optimization Service with smart analytics capabilities: Improve network performance through better and faster decision making. Baseline and manage your network and operations against metrics.
- Cisco Smart Net Total Care Service: Increase operational efficiency, lower support costs, and effectively manage network risk.
- Cisco Remote Management Services: Simplify adoption and ongoing management of Cisco advanced technologies; anticipate and resolve issues faster, more accurately, and less expensively.
- Cisco SMARTnet Service: Get proactive diagnostics and real-time alerts on selected devices with the Smart Call Home feature.
Total Economic Impact of Cisco Network Optimization Service (PDF - 169 KB)
See how a 121 percent ROI was achieved, with the breakeven point of a 3 year contract reached in less than 6 months, in this commissioned study by Forrester Consulting.