Make it easier for employees to work from multiple locations, including satellite offices, home offices, or when traveling. Provide a highly secure environment and access to all the resources, applications, and files that your staff would have in the main office.
Cisco facilitates the creation of highly secure virtual workspaces in remote locations using a range of endpoints. Cisco technology offers built-in support for high-quality video, voice, social media, and data access that match what is available in corporate offices.
See More Use Cases
Explore more ways to meet your business goals by improving collaboration.Go Now
- Integrate cross-functional responsibilities to simplify collaboration, no matter where people are.
- Locate branch offices where they are most needed to support customers or where talent pools of specific expertise exist.
- Reduce employee travel, real-estate costs, and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Improve talent by removing geographical restrictions in hiring.
- Create flexible versus dedicated workspaces for employees who are not regularly in the office.
- Increase executive reach and corporate alignment.
- Help maintain communications security.
- According to 65 percent of companies, telecommuters are more productive because of the flexibility to work when they have the most focus and/or control over the work environment. (Source: Ipsos)
- Forty-four percent of Cisco knowledge workers telecommute at least once a week. (Source: Cisco Internet Business Solutions Group [IBSG])
- Employees who telecommute once a week save Cisco $2,500 per employee annually. (Source: Cisco IBSG)
- One employee teleworking half-time can save a company about $10,000 per year and can save the employee up to $6,800 per year. (Source: Telework Research Network)
Primary Products for Use Case
Recommended for Best Practices
"Now nobody ever needs to say to a client, 'I can give you an answer when I get back to the office.' " –Mike Fitzgerald, Eagle Investment Systems
Based on a project's requirements, Persistent Systems assembles a team of experts who might be from any of the organization's nine development centers on three continents.
- Architecture Firm Deploys Global Collaboration
Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates interacts with remote teams and clients personally and cost-effectively with Cisco video solutions.
Government and Public Sector
- White Paper: Enhancing Operations with Telework (PDF - 1.8 MB)
Learn how to get higher levels of government employee productivity, inclusion, and environmental sustainability.
Sports and Entertainment
- London 2012: Making Collaboration Count
The London Organizing Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) gained innovative and cost-effective ways to manage operations, training, and worldwide recruitment.
- Software Developer Eliminates Offices Entirely
Chorus uses unified communications and collaboration applications to help enable all employees to work from home.
- Produce Distributor Improves Internal Communications (PDF - 202 KB)
Kettle Produce unified two locations and made it easier to reach mobile employees.
Retail Design Guides
- Work-Life Innovation: The Role of Networked Technologies (PDF - 3.7 MB)
Learn how technology interweaves our personal and work lives, promoting innovation within and across communities.
- Telework in the U.S. Federal Government (PDF - 1.8 MB)
The U.S. government achieves higher levels of employee productivity, inclusion, and environmental sustainability.
Cisco IBSG Horizons Study: BYOD and Virtualization Study
Cisco Internet Business Solutions Group (IBSG) surveyed 600 enterprise IT leaders for insight on bring-your-own-device (BYOD) and desktop virtualization trends in U.S. enterprises.
Retail Design Guides
Improve team and customer experiences with services from Cisco and its partners. Align your IT objectives with business goals, mitigate risk with faster time to value, and better serve your customers.