Create highly secure virtual workspaces in remote locations by using a range of endpoints. Help your employees work from satellite offices or home offices, or when they are traveling.
Cisco Collaboration technology offers built-in support for high-quality video, voice, social media, and data access. Your employees get highly secure access to all the resources, applications, and files that they would have in the main office.
See More Use Cases
Explore more ways to meet your business goals by improving collaboration.Go Now
- Integrate cross-functional responsibilities to simplify collaboration, no matter where people are.
- Locate employees and branch offices to best support customers or access talent pools with specific expertise.
- Reduce employee travel, real-estate costs, and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Improve talent by removing geographic restrictions in hiring.
- Create flexible versus dedicated workspaces for employees who are not regularly in the office.
- Increase executive reach and corporate alignment.
- Help maintain communications security.
- 65 percent of companies say that telecommuters are more productive because of the flexibility to work when they have the most focus and/or control over the work environment. (Source: Ipsos)
- 44 percent of Cisco knowledge workers telecommute at least once a week. (Source: Cisco Internet Business Solutions Group)
- Employees who telecommute once a week save Cisco $2,500 per employee annually. (Source: Cisco IBSG)
- One employee teleworking half-time can save a company about $10,000 per year and can save the employee up to $6,800 per year. (Source: Telework Research Network)
Primary Products for Use Case
Recommended for Best Practices
To strengthen its innovation culture, Virgin Media launched a flexible working initiative. The idea was to provide easy-to-use collaboration tools that would enable employees to work from any office or from home, supporting the growing number of devices and increasing the value of the companys people, property and technology.
"Now nobody ever needs to say to a client, 'I can give you an answer when I get back to the office.' " –Mike Fitzgerald, Eagle Investment Systems
Based on a project's requirements, Persistent Systems assembles a team of experts who might be from any of the organization's nine development centers on three continents. (PDF - 184 KB)
- Emmelibri: Distributor Transforms Working Practices
- Kettle Produce: Product Distributor Improves Internal Communications (PDF - 205 KB)
Government and Public Sectors
- U.K. Department of Health: Video Conferencing Transforms Public Service Delivery
- White Paper: Enhancing Operations with Telework in the U.S. Federal Government (PDF - 1.8 MB)
- Penny Market: Retailer Improves Communication and Cuts Travel
- Vistaprint: Simplifying Collaboration and Customer Care
Sports and Entertainment
- London 2012 Organizing Committee: Making Collaboration Count for Operations, Training, and Recruitment
- Create Productive Teleworking Experiences (PDF - 406 KB)
Learn how Cisco teleworking solutions enhance the lives and productivity of remote employees.
- Work-Life Innovation: The Role of Networked Technologies (PDF - 3.7 MB)
Technology interweaves our personal and work lives, promoting innovation across communities.
- ZK Research: Top 10 Reasons to Consider Hosted Collaboration (PDF - 370 KB)
Hosted solutions can help some organizations more workers in more places faster than with on-premises solutions.
- Top Considerations for Collaboration from the Desk (PDF - 320 KB)
With so many new enterprise options is the desk phone still relevant? Analysts and industry experts offer insight.
Cisco IBSG Horizons BYOD and Virtualization Study
Cisco Internet Business Solutions Group (IBSG) surveyed 600 enterprise IT leaders for insight on bring-your-own-device (BYOD) and desktop virtualization trends in U.S. enterprises.
- Cisco Desktop Collaboration Experience DX600 (Video - 1:29 min)
Increase employee productivity and promote team collaboration
TechWise TV 128: Cisco DX650 Smart Desk Phone (Video - 1:01 min)
The DX650 merges video, voice, and smartphone features in one device. Learn about the hardware, security and policy management, and apps you can develop and run on it.
- Cisco Connected Workplace Online Tour
See how the Cisco social media team can listen and respond in real time to attendees at Cisco Live.
- Infographic: The Everywhere Employee
View statistics on cost savings and productivity increase from using collaboration.
- Teleworking and Mobility Advisor Tool
Create a customized estimate of potential cost savings or gains in cost savings and improvements in productivity, business continuity, and green initiatives.