Bring together voice, video, and data into a single IP network to simplify management and support effective communications.
A converged architectural approach uses a single enterprise-class communications platform to support today's network demands, as well as new cloud-based services, devices, and applications. Consolidating your communications infrastructure can:
- Simplify management
- Integrate separate networks
- Lower IT costs
See More Use Cases
Explore more ways to meet your business goals by improving collaboration.Go Now
- Reduce total cost of IT ownership with a single infrastructure and simplified management
- Adapt quickly and flexibly to company changes and increase responsiveness by blending deployment models
- Improve access and user experience by supporting mobile work styles and device choices
- Substantially reduce operational overhead by using a single call-control architecture for voice, video, and conferencing while still accommodating time-division multiplexing (TDM) or Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)-based systems as needed
- Take advantage of flexible deployment models, whether on premises or, cloud based
- Deliver virtual desktops (VDI) and simplified scalability, security, and manageability at lower costs
- IDC: 61 percent of enterprise organizations cite increased productivity as a benefit of consolidating unified communications and collaboration technologies.
- The Cisco architectural approach delivers a 13 percent lower TCO compared to competitors' solutions
- Forrester: More than half of IT professionals can make a business case for unified communications based on cost savings and productivity gains
"There are clear savings because we're using one building and a common ICT infrastructure, and sharing operational costs among the organizations."
-Tomàs Kaspar, CIO, Moravia-Silesia Regional Government
By moving from Centrex to unified communications, Stanford Federal Credit Union reduced overall telecom costs by 60 percent. Operational improvements include the ability to add new users in a matter of minutes.
"Cisco collaboration tools were instrumental in helping us complete 36 IT integration projects on time and under budget to save $190 million through synergies. We exceeded our savings goal by $40 million." - Doug Saunders, Republic Services
Government and Public Sector
- Bahrain Enhances Government Efficiency and Productivity (PDF - 216 KB)
Bahrain has an ambitious national economic development master plan designed to improve the standard of living through increased productivity and high-wage jobs.
- JW Marriott Marquis: Luxury Hotel Transforms Guest Experience
JW Marriott Marquis Miami and Hotel Beaux Arts Miami offer pervasive video and wireless for business and leisure guests.
- Coke's New Take on Voice (PDF - 526 KB)
Coca-Cola implemented IP-based voice technology to revitalize its distribution processes and help 3000 warehouse associates in 100 facilities.
- Evaluating Unified Communications Solutions
With the convergence of voice, video, and data around a shared IP-based infrastructure, users can easily make a call, send a message, or join an audio or video conference. This is benefiting businesses of every size, industry, and geography.
- TechKnowledge Consulting: Cloud Collaboration - Understanding the Options to Find the Right Fit (PDF - 512 KB)
Making a fully informed choice on how to add a service hosted in the cloud to existing enterprise architecture, requires a method for evaluating the options.
- Forrester Consulting: Collaboration Services - Deployment Options for the Enterprise (PDF - 349 KB)
Meet your business needs through collaboration services, whether they're hosted, outsourced, in the cloud, or a managed service
- ZK Research: The Top 10 Reasons to Consider Hosted Collaboration Solutions (PDF - 370 KB)
A hosted collaboration solution can help some organizations deploy unified communications and collaboration to more workers in more places faster than traditional on-premises solutions
- Cisco Jabber: Unify Communications Across Platforms and Devices (Video - 4:53 min)
Give your teams the tools to see, hear, and think together, on any device, at any time.
- Picture Your Workday in the Clouds
Global traffic generated by cloud computing services is projected to increase 12-fold by 2015. Answer each question to visualize your workday impact on the cloud.
- Unified Communications Total Cost of Ownership Tool
Enter information about your current system or adjust default industry benchmarks to quantify potential TCO reduction from implementing Cisco IP-based voice and unified communications solutions.
- Solution Reference Network Design: Cisco Unified Communications System 9.x
Deliver fully integrated communications to transmit data, voice, and video over a single network infrastructure using standards-based IP.
- Deploying IPv6 in Unified Communications Networks
Learn how to design unified communications networks to use IPv6 in a dual-stack (IPv4 and IPv6) environment.
- Design Zone for Collaboration
Simplify your implementation of Cisco collaboration technologies with these resources for unified communications, IPv6, wireless collaboration, contact center, and more.
- Design Zone for Smart Business Architecture: Collaboration
Cisco Smart Business Architecture (SBA) is a series of prescriptive guides, network designs, and deployment best practices for organizations with up to 10,000 connected users.
Improve team and customer experiences with services from Cisco and its partners. Align your IT objectives with business goals, mitigate risk with faster time to value, and better serve your customers.