Simplify workflow and improve productivity by accessing voice, video, instant messaging, presence, voicemail, and conferencing capabilities directly from the business applications that you use most.
Cisco open APIs help enable integration with web-based and third-party applications such as email, enterprise resource planning (ERP), and CRM -- including Microsoft Outlook and Salesforce.com.
See More Use Cases
Explore more ways to meet your business goals by improving collaboration.Go Now
- Access collaboration tools directly from business applications instead of having to switch between applications.
- Save time, simplify workflows, and increase workforce collaboration and productivity by integrating collaboration functionality within primary applications.
- Connect, communicate, and collaborate within your line-of-business application or web portal
- Eliminate the need for users to switch between web-based and desktop applications when collaborating with others
- Customize the user experience to be consistent with your organization's applications
- Initiate meetings instantly from Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, and a variety of instant messaging solutions
- Use open APIs to integrate with existing applications
Employees can "start a conversation from within Microsoft applications using presence light-up, click-to-call, and click-to-IM. Additionally, we can click to start a video or WebEx session from the Microsoft applications. - Mike Fitzgerald, Eagle Investment Systems
Students at a major U.S. university use Cisco Jabber within WordPress to facilitate group and individual chats to collaborate on projects. The procurement department provides live support for buyers using Jabber embedded within its SAP software.
"With the seamless integration to Google Apps that Cloudlink* gives us, it's easy for our employees to stay connected with colleagues and customers no matter where they may be." —Scott Berg, Wilson Hurd
*Esnatech Cloudlink uses the Jabber SDK to simplify integration of Cisco collaboration solutions with cloud-based and on-premises productivity applications.
- Using Collaborative Tools on Demand (Video - 3:16 min)
Orange Business Services delivers collaboration solutions through the cloud.
- German Utility Company Gains Competitive Edge through Customer Service (PDF - 336 KB)
Integration of Cisco Unified Contact Center with SAP help Hamburg Wasser improve customer service and compete in the emerging market for clean energy.
- Understanding Communications-Enabled Business Processes with Unified Communications
Communications-enabled business processes (CEBP) combine all the capabilities of unified communications with the world of business applications.
- Getting ROI with Communications-Enabled Business Processes
For optimal ROI, you must understand what you want to accomplish with CEBP and then choose the element of unified communications that best enhances that process.
- Collaboration-Enabled Business Transformation (PDF - 3 MB)
Cisco adds transformation to Gartner's CEBP.
- Cisco Jabber Web Toolkit Integration Examples
Add collaboration capabilities to browser-based applications such as social media applications, web-based line-of-business tools, or custom corporate portals.
- Salesforce.com Integration with Cisco Collaboration (Video - 2:06 min)
This demonstration shows the integration between Salesforce.com and the Cisco Jabber Software Development Kit, leading to faster decision making and collaboration.
Partner Press Release
Improve team and customer experiences with services from Cisco and its partners. Align your IT objectives with business goals, mitigate risk with faster time to value, and better serve your customers. Read the following to find out more:
- Collaboration Services Overview (PDF - 500 KB)
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Planning and Design Service (PDF - 259 KB)