Quick Questionnaire: Working on a Handheld
What do you want to see on your mobile device?
Help us give you the content you need to do your job -- in the format you prefer. Answer eight quick questions on our mobile usage survey and we'll do the rest.
Accelerate Application Development
Cisco Nexus 9000 switches and new optics support cost-effective 40 GE.
- Provides the switching foundation for Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
- Supports up to 1.92 terabits switching capacity per slot
- Delivers high-density 1,10, and 40 Gigabit Ethernet today, and is 100 GE ready
- Operates in standard Cisco NX-OS as well as in ACI mode
- Offers full virtual extensible LAN (VXLAN) bridging, routing, and gateway support
Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Offers highest switching capacity; up to 1.3 terabits per slot, 83+ terabits per chassis
- Provides high 1,10, 40, and 100 Gigabit Ethernet scalability
- Offers the industry's most comprehensive data center feature set
- Delivers advanced services; high availability; hitless In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU)
- Is ideal for data center access, aggregation, and core deployments
Cisco Nexus 6000 Series Switches
- Deploy up to 96 40 GE ports or 384 10 GE ports in a small four rack-unit (RU) form factor
- Delivers comprehensive integrated Layer 2 and 3 functionality at line rate and low latency
- Improves efficiency with Cisco Fabric Extender (FEX) architecture support and a comprehensive analytics tool kit
- Supports 40 GE FCoE for LAN and SAN convergence
- Is ideal for access and space constrained aggregation deployments
Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches
- Increases agility with faster, more pervasive data center virtualization
- Broad connectivity support including GE, 10 GE, 10GBase-T, 40 GE, FC and FCoE
- Supports comprehensive Layer 2 and 3 features for LAN and SAN traffic
- Enhances business resilience through greater operational continuity
Cisco Nexus 4000 Series Switches
- Reduces number of switches, network interface cards, and power requirements
- Purpose-built with Unified Switch ASIC [Line-rate, extremely low-latency 10 Gigabit Ethernet switch
Cisco Nexus 3000 Series Switches
- Delivers flexibility and performance for top-of-rack deployments
- Offers Cisco Algo Boost capabilities with superior low latency, visibility, and control
- Simplifies management with Python scripting, Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEM), and XML management tools
- Increases business agility with a comprehensive software-defined networking (SDN) solution, including OpenFlow and Cisco OnePK
Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders
- Fabric extensibility with single point of management
- Provides 100 MB, 1 GE, to 10 GE server connectivity with 10 GE and 40 GE uplinks
- Reduces data center cabling costs and footprint, optimizes inter-rack cabling
- Extends to partner blade servers such as HP and Fujitsu
Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch
- Integrates directly with server hypervisors
- Delivers virtual machine-aware network services such as VM mobility in cloud environments
- Accelerates server virtualization deployments and simplifies management
- Reduces total cost of ownership; provides consistency and network visibility
The Cisco Nexus and Catalyst families of switches are designed to meet the stringent requirements of the next-generation data center.
Cisco Nexus Services
Quickly and efficiently integrate new data center solutions and technologies. Whether your business goal is data center consolidation or build-out, business continuity, or improved regulatory compliance, Cisco Nexus Services help accelerate your transition to a highly scalable Nexus platform.
- Accelerate migration to Unified Fabric (PDF - 13 KB)
- Build a more scalable, efficient, and resilient virtualized data center architecture with Cisco Nexus Services (PDF - 7.8 MB)
- Manage your network with direct, anytime access to Cisco engineers and an extensive range of technical resources with Cisco SMARTnet Service
Building a Centralized Data Center
King County simplifies network management and increases government agility with help from Cisco Services. (PDF - 96 KB)Read Services Case Study
The Cisco Nexus family of products provides a wide range of business benefits.
- Improve efficiency, simplify mobility for physical and virtual machines and services, and provide end-to-end visibility for any topology.
- Significantly speed up workload delivery for both physical and virtual rollouts with network automation and provisioning, and better integration with orchestration, automation tools, and cloud platforms.
- Make troubleshooting easier with centralized fabric management across physical and virtual workloads.
- Lower total cost of ownership by up to 50 percent
- Reduce capital expenses through fewer host adapters, switches, and cables
- Cut operational expenses through reduced power, cooling, rack space, and floor space requirements
- Adopt solutions incrementally, without a complete upgrade
- Reduce disruptions to existing management and operations
Cisco Nexus solutions help enterprises scale for the more-complex workloads of virtualization, the proliferation of virtual machines, and the challenges of cloud computing.
- Unify all network locations into one environment
- Support efficient access and use of resources, regardless of size or scope
- Provide resilient, scalable networks with predictable performance and reduced complexity
- Simplify management with fabric extensibility
Cisco Nexus delivers intelligent services directly into the network fabric. It transparently extends the network to encompass all network locations into a single, extended environment with consistent services and policy.
- Make services available consistently across applications and workloads
- Scale service delivery capability automatically
- Deploy applications faster, with policy-based compliance instead of physical infrastructure changes
At A Glance
- Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 6000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 3000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders
- Cisco Nexus 1100 Series Virtual Services Appliances
- Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch for VMware vSphere
- Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch for Microsoft Hyper-V
Building Next-Generation Data Centers
Resource virtualization is central to the Cisco Data Center Business Advantage architectural framework. It helps you reduce costs in three ways:
- Increases asset utilization
- Improves business resilience
- Enhances responsiveness to business needs
These next-generation virtualized data centers need a network infrastructure that delivers the full potential of technologies such as server virtualization and unified fabric.
Cisco Nexus Products
- Cisco Nexus 7000 Series: Scalable Data Center Class Platform (PDF - 1.7 MB)
- Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches: Simplifying Data Center Transformation (PDF - 460 KB)
- Cisco Nexus 4001I Switch Module for IBM BladeCenter (PDF - 530 KB)
- Cisco Nexus 3000 Series Switch: Ultra-Low Latency with Wire-Speed L2/L3 Switching (PDF - 211 KB)
- Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders (PDF - 350 KB)
- Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches (PDF - 290 KB)
Cisco Catalyst Products
Unified Fabric Aids Healthcare
Data Center Network Management
Data Center Switches With Cisco IOS Software