|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
High-Performance, Memory-Intensive Server
The Cisco UCS C250 M2 server is a high-performance, memory-intensive, 2-socket, 2 rack unit (RU) rack server designed to increase performance and capacity for demanding virtualization and large dataset workloads. It also can reduce the cost of smaller memory footprints.
Learn more about Cisco UCS C-Series innovation and value. (4:32 min)
Learn more about the benefits of Cisco Extended Memory technology. (5:22 min)Read Data Sheet
Building on the success of the UCS C-Series servers, the UCS C250 M2 server extends the capabilities of the Cisco Unified Computing System, using Intel's latestIntel® Xeon® 5600 Series multicore processors to deliver even better performance and efficiency.
The system is built for virtualized workloads in:
- Enterprise data centers
- Service provider environments
- Virtual desktop hosting
The system can also help increase performance for large dataset workloads, including database management systems and modeling and simulation applications.
- Up to two Intel Xeon 5500 or 5600 Series multicore processors
- 48 dual in-line memory module (DIMM) slots and up to 384 GB based on Samsung´s 40 nanometer class (DDR3) technology
- Up to eight internal Small Form-Factor (SFF), SAS, or SATA drives; up to 8 TB total
- RAID 0 and 1 support for up to eight SAS or SATA drives through optional PCI Express (PCIe) controller; and RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and 60 support for up to eight SAS or SATA drives with optional LSIMegaRAID adapter
- Support for up to five PCIe cards in three low-profile, half-length x8 and two full-height, half-length x16 slots
Compare network adapter cards for the Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers
Cisco Unified Computing at Work
See industry benchmark results and performance reports for the award-winning Cisco UCS.
Managing Cisco UCS C-Series Servers (PDF - 337 KB)
Learn more about this comprehensive, flexible, and standards-based set of management capabilities.
A Short Primer on Cisco Extended Memory (PDF - 300 KB)
Discover more cost-effective large memory footprints for virtualized as well as nonvirtualized workloads.
See how to increase performance and capacity for demanding virtualization and large-data-set workloads.(3:29 min)