Cisco Nexus 5000 Series
Discover the Cisco Nexus 5596UP Switch, a breakthrough in data center design.Learn More
Cisco Nexus 7000 Series
Use switches designed for your mission-critical data centers.Go Now
Flexible, Scalable Server Access Layer Solution
Shift to 10 Gigabit Ethernet with Cisco Nexus fabric extenders.See More
Building Next-Generation Data Centers
Resource virtualization is central to the Cisco Data Center Business Advantage architectural framework. It helps you reduce costs in three ways:
- Increases asset utilization
- Improves business resilience
- Enhances responsiveness to business needs
These next-generation virtualized data centers need a network infrastructure that delivers the full potential of technologies such as server virtualization and unified fabric. In addition, they support shifts to broader architectures such as the Cisco Unified Computing System and cloud computing.
Data centers are central to your organization's success, meeting demands for system availability, asset utilization, and security. Regulatory requirements, a global operating environment, and empowered users add to the pressure. And data centers must be agile enough to change quickly.
The Cisco Data Center Switching Portfolio can help you meet those demands:
- Design flexibility: Modular, rack, and integrated switches are optimized for Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet.
- Industry-leading switching: Layer 2 and 3 functions help build stable, highly secure, scalable data centers.
- Investment protection: The adaptability of the Cisco Nexus and Cisco Catalyst families simplifies upgrades.
- Operational consistency: A consistent interface and tools simplify management, operations, and trouble resolution.
- Virtualization: Support virtual machine mobility, management, and operations.
Migrate from Gigabit Ethernet to 100 Gb Ethernet
- The Cisco Catalyst 4900M rack switch is designed for easy migration from Gigabit Ethernet to 10 Gigabit Ethernet.
- The Cisco Nexus 7000 switches support Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet.
- Additional switches help you migrate cost-effectively to 40 and 100 Gigabit Ethernet and Unified Fabric.
Virtualize for Greater Efficiency
- The Cisco Nexus 1000V delivers VN-Link networking to enhance virtual machine portability.
- The Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series offers the virtual switching system.
- The Cisco Nexus 7000 Series offers hypervisorlike virtual switching.
Cisco Nexus Family
Get a highly resilient, high-performance, feature-rich unified fabric solution in a single platform for data center core, aggregation, and high-density server connectivity.
Next-generation unified fabric rack switches can reduce the cost and complexity of the server access network.
Use high-performance, high-density, submicrosecond latency 10 Gigabit Ethernet switch for high-frequency trading (HFT).
Ease migration from Gigabit Ethernet to 10 Gigabit Ethernet through simplified management, and reduce infrastructure costs.
Software switches deliver VN-Link virtual-machine-aware networking.
Cisco Data Center Manager
Simplify operations of highly virtualized and unified next-generation networks and increase uptime with Cisco Data Center Network Manager.
Cisco Catalyst Switches
With industry-leading services and performance, this is the most flexible Cisco switching solution.
Network virtualization improves data center performance and resilience.
Get optimized rack switching and, with the Cisco 4900M Switch, cost-effective migration to 10 Gigabit Ethernet.
Cisco Unified Computing System
An integrated platform, the Cisco Unified Computing System is architecturally consistent with the Cisco Nexus family.
- Cisco and VMware Facilitate Virtualization
Understand how Cisco and VMware are partnering to deliver on a common vision.
- Energy-Efficient Unified Fabrics
Discover how Nexus series unified fabric transforms data center infrastructure.
- Integrating Virtual Machines into the Data Center (PDF - 589 KB)
Learn design best practices for deploying server virtualization.
- Network Implications of Server Virtualization
Learn design and management implications of deploying virtual machine environments.
Cisco Design and Planning Best Practices
- Design Zone for Data Centers
Learn how to develop a comprehensive, secure, and extensible data center network architecture using validated Cisco best-practice designs.
- Cisco Data Center Assurance Program
Find out how to plan your data center network implementation based on a comprehensive design that reflects extensive system-level testing.
- Miercom Tests Cisco and Arista Switches
Results are in: Cisco Nexus 5010 Switch performs better than Arista 7124S in high-frequency trading.
- Disaster Recovery Using Virtualization ( PDF - 1.7 MB)
Six companies tested a multivendor disaster-recovery solution for SAP ERP environments.
- Energy-Efficient Unified Fabrics
Discover how Cisco Nexus series Unified Fabric transforms data center infrastructure.
- University Reduces Cost by 50% with FCoE (Video - 4:06 min)
Cisco and University of Arizona discuss the benefits of Unified Fabric
Data Center Switching Solutions White Paper
Deploying 10GBASE-T with Cisco Switches: Choose the Right Cabling
Solace Message Routers and Cisco Ethernet Switches: Unified Infrastructure for Financial Services Middleware
The Adaptive Architecture for the Data Center Network