Support Teleworkers and Branch Offices
Make it easier for employees to work from multiple locations, including home offices. Provide a highly secure environment and access to the applications and high-quality video, voice, data, and other resources that match what is available in corporate offices.
- More than half (59 percent) of U.S. employers offer full-time telecommuting options. Society for HR Management (PDF - 810 KB)
- Almost 25 percent of employees are either remote or mobile workers. (Frost & Sullivan)
- 95% of employers say telework has a high impact on employee retention. (Global Workplace Analytics)
- Eighty-seven percent of remote users feel more connected to their team and process when using videoconferencing. (Global Workplace Analytics)
- U.S. employers offering ad hoc telecommuting increased from 45 percent to 54 percent between 2009 and 2014. Society for HR Management (PDF - 628 KB)
- Remove geographical restrictions in endpoint locations. Locate employees where they are most needed to support customers or where talent pools of specific expertise exist.
- Reduce employee travel, real estate costs, and greenhouse gas emissions by meeting face-to-face with video.
- Use office space more efficiently by creating flexible workspaces for employees who are not regularly in the office.
- Help maintain communications security with a network-based foundation.
Supporting Products and Solutions
- User-friendly, full-featured phones
- Single and multiline endpoints
- Support for a range of communication need
- Simple, integrated, and affordable solutions
- High-definition video extended to the desktop
- Capabilities beyond traditional video
- Video conferencing for meeting rooms
- Up to 1080p60 video resolution
- Performance and value-line options
- Collaboration anywhere across any device
- Business-class IP voice and video telephony
- Instant interaction with IM and presence
- Integration of native and customized business applications
Packaged Collaboration Infrastructure
- End-to-end collaboration capabilities
- Simplified deployment and management
- Open and interoperable architecture
- Cisco Preferred Architectures for Collaboration were created to simplify technology deployment. They provide designs built and tested by Cisco experts.
- Cisco Preferred Architecture for Enterprise Collaboration (PDF - 4.5 MB)
- Cisco Preferred Architecture for Midmarket Collaboration (PDF - 6.7 MB)
"I have 19 direct reports and only 4 of those people work here in Sydney. The ability to share screens and documents and collaborate with voice and video has helped us build the same kind of personal rapport we would have if they were local." – Richard Fechner, GHD (PDF - 365 KB)
"We have seen how video can improve product training, trading meetings, sharing of best practice between different branches in specific functions, and democratic forum meetings." – Maggie Porteous, John Lewis (PDF - 653 KB)
"We could improve internal efficiencies through more effective and timely communications, while also introducing video-based solutions that offer a real alternative to the need to travel." – Michelino Bonino, Banca d'Alba (PDF - 218 KB)
- Orbis Investment Management Ltd.: Collaborative Technology a High-Performing Investment
- Banca d'Alba: Italian Bank Builds Collaborative Platform to Improve Efficiency and Agility
- National Fire Service: Polish Fire Service Agency Implements Videoconferencing
- Portugal Ministry of Solidarity, Employment, and Social Security: Collaboration Central to Ministry's Efficiency Drive (PDF - 425 KB)
- Pentana Solutions Australia: Global IT Provider Keeps Staff Connected and Reduces Travel Costs by 10%
- Hamilton Rentals: IT Rental Company Empowers Its Salesforce with Collaboration
- Synergis Education: Educational Service Provider Gains Agility to Quickly Scale Up or Down (PDF - 847 KB)
- Genuine Health: Natural Health Products Company Improves Workflow (PDF - 452 KB)
- GHD Pty Ltd: Global Engineering Firm Innovates with 100 Branch Offices and No Headquarters (PDF - 365 KB)
- John Lewis: Collaborative Style Keeps Retailer Out in Front (PDF - 653 KB)
- Top Right Group: U.K. Enterprise Increases Competitiveness with Collaboration Capabilities (PDF - 388 KB)
- Sinar Mas Group: Indonesian Property Company Enhances Productivity with Collaboration Technology
- Empower Every Desk (1:32 min)
- Work Is No Longer Where You Go (1:55 min)
Work anytime, anywhere, on any device with Cisco Collaboration solutions.
- Cisco Desktop Collaboration Experience DX600 (1:28 min)
Increase employee productivity and promote team collaboration.
- TechWise TV 128: Cisco DX650 Smart Desk Phone (1:01:34 min)
The DX650 merges video, voice, and smartphone features. Learn about the hardware, security and policy management, and apps you can develop and run on it.
- Tool: Cisco Connected Workplace
Learn how you can successfully integrate technology and physical office space to meet business initiatives and empower the workforce.
- ZK Research: The Top 10 Reasons to Consider Hosted Collaboration Solutions (PDF - 357 KB)
A hosted collaboration solution can help some organizations deploy unified communications and collaboration to more workers in more places faster than with traditional on-premises solutions.
- Top Considerations for Collaboration from the Desk (PDF - 248 KB)
With so many new options for enterprise communications and collaboration, is the desk phone still relevant? Analysts and industry experts provide insight in five key areas.
- Transform Your Business with Video
Three-part white-paper series from Cisco Services outlines practical steps for deploying video and discovering new possibilities with visual collaboration.