Support Teleworkers and Branch Offices
Make it easier for employees to work from multiple locations by creating highly secure virtual workspaces. Use a range of endpoints, including satellite offices, home offices, or travel locations.
Cisco Collaboration technology offers built-in support for high-quality video, voice, and data access. Your employees get highly secure access to all the resources, applications, and files they would have in the main office.
See More Use Cases
Explore more ways to meet your business goals by improving collaboration.Go Now
- Integrate cross-functional responsibilities to simplify collaboration, no matter where people are.
- Locate employees where they are most needed to support customers.
- Reduce employee travel, real-estate costs, and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Remove geographic restrictions in hiring.
- Create flexible workspaces for employees who are not regularly in the office.
- Help maintain communications security.
- 95 percent of employers say telework has a high impact on employee retention. (Global Workplace Analytics, 2013)
- 65 percent of companies say telecommuters are more productive when they have the flexibility to work where they have the most focus and/or control over the work environment. (Source: Ipsos, 2012)
- 44 percent of Cisco knowledge workers telecommute at least once a week. (Source: Cisco IBSG, 2012)
- One employee teleworking half-time can save a company about $10,000 per year and can save the employee up to $6800 per year. (Source: Telework Research Network)
Primary Products for Use Case
Recommended for Best Practices
To strengthen its innovation culture, Virgin Media launched a flexible working initiative. The idea was to provide easy-to-use collaboration tools that would enable employees to work from any office or from home, supporting the growing number of devices and increasing the value of the company’s people, property and technology.
"Now nobody ever needs to say to a client, 'I can give you an answer when I get back to the office.' " –Mike Fitzgerald, Eagle Investment Systems
Based on a project's requirements, Persistent Systems assembles a team of experts who might be from any of the organization's nine development centers on three continents. (PDF - 184 KB)
- Emmelibri: Distributor Transforms Working Practices
- Kettle Produce: Product Distributor Improves Internal Communications (PDF - 205 KB)
Government and Public Sectors
- U.K. Department of Health: Video Conferencing Transforms Public Service Delivery
- White Paper: Enhancing Operations with Telework in the U.S. Federal Government (PDF - 1.8 MB)
- Penny Market: Retailer Improves Communication and Cuts Travel
- Vistaprint: Simplifying Collaboration and Customer Care
Sports and Entertainment
- London 2012 Organizing Committee: Making Collaboration Count for Operations, Training, and Recruitment
- Create Productive Teleworking Experiences (PDF - 406 KB)
Learn how Cisco teleworking solutions enhance the lives and productivity of remote employees.
- Work-Life Innovation: The Role of Networked Technologies (PDF - 3.7 MB)
Technology interweaves our personal and work lives, promoting innovation across communities.
- ZK Research: Top 10 Reasons to Consider Hosted Collaboration (PDF - 370 KB)
Hosted solutions can help some organizations more workers in more places faster than with on-premises solutions.
- Top Considerations for Collaboration from the Desk (PDF - 320 KB)
With so many new enterprise options is the desk phone still relevant? Analysts and industry experts offer insight.
Cisco IBSG Horizons BYOD and Virtualization Study
Cisco Internet Business Solutions Group (IBSG) surveyed 600 enterprise IT leaders for insight on BYOD and desktop virtualization trends in U.S. enterprises:
- WebEx Meetings: Changing the Way Teams Meet Online
Improve team productivity with online meetings from Cisco WebEx.
Cisco Jabber Features
Learn more about Jabber's voice, video, presence, instant messaging, voice messaging, desktop sharing, and conferencing capabilities in these videos.
- Cisco DX650 Desk Phone: TechWise TV (Video - 1 hour)
See how this revolutionary IP endpoint merges video, voice, and smartphone features. Join us for an end-to-end hardware breakdown and look at security and policy management.
- Cisco DX600 Series: Collaborate Your Way from the Desk (3:09 min)
Learn how your business can increase employee productivity and promote team collaboration with the Cisco DX600 Series.
- Cisco Connected Workplace Online Tour
Learn how you can integrate technology and physical office space to meet business goals.
- Infographic: The Everywhere Employee
View statistics on cost savings and productivity increase from using collaboration.
- Teleworking and Mobility Advisor Tool
Create a customized estimate of potential cost savings and improvements in productivity, business continuity, and green initiatives.