Help Enable Mobile Workers and BYOD
Increase staff productivity and customer responsiveness. Give employees the flexibility to use mobile devices as a highly secure extension of your enterprise network and applications. Cisco provides native support for all leading smartphones, tablets, and laptops in a policy-controlled manner.
- Almost 25 percent of employees are either remote or mobile workers. (Frost & Sullivan)
- Mobile device adoption will grow to 651 million tablet users in 2017 from 154 million in 2012, and to 2.4 billion smartphone users from 1.2 billion in 2012. (Forrester)
- In 2017, firms will spend $189 billion to engineer platforms and processes for mobile engagement. (Forrester)
- Businesses perceive enhanced employee productivity and increased operational efficiencies as the key benefits of deploying mobile applications. (Frost & Sullivan)
- Among organizations that implement BYOD strategies, 76 percent report increased employee responsiveness and decision making. (Forrester)
- Provide a consistent user experience to help users meet and collaborate anytime, anywhere, with virtually any device.
- Easily manage access and policy for mobile users, including implementing automatic policy updates.
- Deploy applications that let mobile users easily join meetings, such as WebEx and Cisco Collaboration Meeting Rooms.
- Give mobile users enterprise-class telephony and videoconferencing functions, including transfer, conference, hold, and resume.
Supporting Products and Solutions
- Collaboration anywhere on any device
- Business-class IP voice and video telephony
- Instant interaction with IM and presence
- Integration of native and customized business applications
- Online meetings in real time from anywhere
- High-quality, scalable, intuitive user experience
- Audio, video, and content sharing
Packaged Collaboration Infrastructure
- End-to-end collaboration capabilities
- Simplified deployment and management
- Open and interoperable architecture
Cisco Preferred Architectures for Collaboration were created to simplify technology deployment. They provide designs built and tested by Cisco experts.
- Cisco Preferred Architecture for Enterprise Collaboration (PDF - 4.5 MB)
- Cisco Preferred Architecture for Midmarket Collaboration (PDF - 6.7 MB)
"Customers can keep in touch with us without any infrastructure limitations. There's no need for VPNs or software installations, just a browser. We can contact people anywhere, with any user device." - Elisa Albertini, Saipem (PDF - 758 KB)
"We have changed the negative perception that working remotely was a performance-inhibiting issue." - Cory Kostyniuk, Orbis Investment Management (PDF - 316 MB)
"One-click callback is extremely important to us, because it makes it easy for mobile users to take part in calls and online conferences." - Roman Scarabot-Mueller, Mondi Group (PDF - 354 KB)
- Bloodhound SSC : A 21st Century Engineering Adventure
- University of Milan - Bicocca : Shortening the Distance to Business with Telepresence in the Classroom (PDF - 680 KB)
- Intercantonal Reinsurance (IRV) : Helping People Work More Responsively Together (PDF - 915 KB)
- Orbis Investment Management : Collaborative Technology a High-Performing Investment (PDF - 316 KB)
- Children's Hospital Colorado : Top Children's Hospital Improves Patient Experience
- City Clinic (Bulgaria) : Hospital Launches Healthcare IT Center of Excellence (PDF - 575 KB)
- Park Nicollet : Healthcare System Enhances Patient Care with Collaboration (PDF - 406 KB)
- Dundee Precious Metals : Mining Firm Quadruples Production, with Internet of Everything (PDF - 893 KB) Video (3:07 min.)
- Mondi Group: Global Manufacturer Speeds Time to Market with Collaboration (PDF - 354 KB)
- Cisco IT: How Cisco IT Deployed and Manages BYOD (PDF - 416 KB)
- TDS : Collaboration Improves Productivity and Staff Satisfaction at Outsourcing Company (PDF - 296 KB)
- Work Is No Longer Where You Go (1:56 min)
- Economic Analysis: BYOD Creates Value for Global Companies (3:01 min)
- Work Anywhere on Any Device (1:35 min)
- Cisco Jabber
- Share Content on your Mobile Devices with Intelligent Proximity (1:15 min)
- Cisco WebEx Mobile (1:40 min)
- BYOD Assessment Tool Assess the incremental value from implementing a BYOD policy more strategically in your company.
- Picture Your Workday in the Clouds You and your employees generate a staggering amount of traffic. Answer each question to visualize your workday impact.
- Forrester: Expanding Role of Mobility in the Workplace (PDF - 133 KB)
Corporate mobility momentum will continue as more enterprises support BYOD programs to cost-efficiently mobilize their workforces.
- Connected World Technology Reports Get insight into challenges that companies face as they strive to balance current and future business needs.
- Collaboration Meeting Rooms At-a-Glance (PDF - 364 KB)