Create Flexible Work Areas and Office Space
Scale office space usage and create work areas that foster a greater sense of employee inclusiveness, promote informal and formal collaboration, and encourage innovation and teamwork.
Cisco can help your organization use space more effectively. Support various employee work styles by facilitating location-independent work through:
- Highly secure virtual access to corporate resources
- High-quality video and audio interaction
- Support for multiple devices
See More Use Cases
Explore more ways to meet your business goals by improving collaboration.Go Now
- Reduce real estate costs, greenhouse gas emissions, and employee travel.
- Scale office space by providing workspace sharing and work-from-home options.
- Create workspaces that encourage more collaborative working practices, break down communication barriers across people and departments, and speed up decision-making and innovation.
- Help employees maintain a work-life balance by offering the flexibility to work from various locations.
- 94 percent of leaders at organizations with cloud-collaboration strategies agree that cloud collaboration helps to enable flexible work environments. (Forbes Insight, 2012)
- Around 60 percent of a company's desks are vacant at one time because workers are either on the road or in meetings. (CoreNet Global)
- Supporting mobility can help an organization increase productivity 5 percent to 15 percent, reduce occupancy costs 20 percent to 50 percent, and improve business continuity. (Source: IMFA)
To strengthen its innovation culture, Virgin Media launched a flexible working initiative. Employees can work from any office or from home, supporting the growing number of devices and increasing the value of the company's people, property, and technology.
- Top Considerations for Collaboration from the Desk (PDF - 320 KB)
With so many new enterprise options, is the desk phone still relevant? Analysts and industry experts offer insight.
- Work-Life Innovation: Impact on the Individual (PDF - 943 KB)
Give employees flexibility on where, when, and how work gets done.
- 2012 Cisco Connected World Technology Report
Balance staff and business needs with expanding mobility, security risks, and technologies.
- Cisco Connected Workplace Online Tour
Learn how to integrate technology and physical office space to meet business goals.
- Cisco Jabber Features
Learn more about Jabber’s voice, video, presence, instant messaging, voice messaging, desktop sharing, and conferencing capabilities in these videos.
- WebEx Meetings: Changing the Way Teams Meet Online (Flash)
Improve team productivity with online meetings from Cisco WebEx.
- Cisco Desktop Collaboration Experience DX600 (Video - 1:29 min)
See how you can increase employee productivity and promote team collaboration.
- TechWise TV 128: Cisco DX650 Smart Desk Phone (Video - 1 hr)
The DX650 merges video, voice, and smartphone features. Learn about the hardware, security and policy management, and apps you can develop and run on it.
- Project Workplace
Choose the room type that best fits your telepresence and conferencing needs. Project Workplace provides technical drawings and tutorials about setting up different meeting spaces.
Improve team and customer experiences with services from Cisco and its partners. Align your IT objectives with business goals, mitigate risk with faster time to value, and better serve your customers:
- Collaboration Services Overview (PDF - 500 KB)