Bring together voice, video, and data into a single IP network to simplify management, lower IT costs, and support effective communications. A converged architectural approach uses a single enterprise-class communications platform to support network demands as well as new devices, applications, and cloud-based services.
- In an IDC survey, 61 percent of enterprise organizations cite increased productivity as a benefit of consolidating unified communications and collaboration technologies.
- Cisco’s architectural approach delivers 13 percent lower TCO than competing solutions.
- More than half of IT professionals can make a business case for unified communications based on cost savings, according to Forrester.
- At the same time, they cite productivity gains such as improved collaboration and faster problem resolution.
- Reduce capital and operating expenses by combining voice, video, and data in a common network infrastructure.
- Provide services with a single network management system while controlling class of service to deliver high performance.
- Simplify adding services such as desktop video, single-Number reach, and single sign-on in a way that’s consistent with enterprise policy.
- Manage access to resources through a single point and provide for consistent policy enforcement.
Supporting Products and Solutions
- User-friendly, full-featured phones
- Single and multiline endpoints
- Support for a range of communication needs
- Simple, integrated, and affordable solutions
- High-definition video extended to the desktop
- Capabilities beyond traditional video
- Videoconferencing for meeting rooms
- Up to 1080p60 video resolution
- Performance and value-line options
Packaged Collaboration Infrastructure
- Cisco Business Edition 6000 (up to 1000 users)
- Cisco Business Edition 7000 (up to 5000 users)
- End-to-end collaboration capabilities
- Simplified deployment and management
- Open and interoperable architecture
Cisco Preferred Architectures for Collaboration were created to simplify technology deployment. They provide designs built and tested by Cisco experts.
- Cisco Preferred Architecture for Enterprise Collaboration (PDF - 4.5 MB)
- Cisco Preferred Architecture for Midmarket Collaboration (PDF - 6.7 MB)
"Now we are able to configure telephones located in branches across the world without requiring the transfer of personnel. All it takes is that a telephone is connected to the network and we can provide the necessary changes." - Matteo Conti, Faster Spa (PDF – 346 KB)
"Cisco brought a lot of innovation and technology to the table in one framework and with one set of infrastructure. We avoided having to engage multiple vendors, which would have added complexity and cost to the project." - Don Tierney, CTO, Park Nicollet Health Services (PDF – 406 KB)
"To cope with business growth, we are busy erecting new buildings on our main campus…. We only have one platform and don’t have the trouble and expense of running lots of cabling." - Martin Näpflin, Head of ICT Services, Pilatus Aircraft Ltd. (PDF – 649 KB)
- Derby City Council: Enabling Safe, Flexible Working at Lowest Cost (PDF - 386 KB)
- Portugal Ministry of Solidarity, Employment, and Social Security: Collaboration Central to Ministry’s Efficiency Drive (PDF - 425 KB)
- Park Nicollet: Healthcare System Enhances Patient Care with Collaboration (PDF - 346 KB)
- Allied Irish Bank: Irish Bank Gains Flexibility with New Call Center Solution
- Intercantonal Reinsurance (IRV): Helping People Work More Responsively Together (PDF - 915 KB)
- Bank Muamalat Indonesia: Indonesian Bank Improves Customer Service and Cuts Travel Costs
- Hamilton Rentals: IT Rental Company Empowers Its Salesforce with Collaboration
- Raymond Handling Concepts Corp.: Equipment Dealer Closes Sales Faster with Cloud Collaboration (PDF - 364 KB)