High Performance with Flexible Deployments
The Cisco Nexus 3524/3524-X Switch, part of the Unified Fabric Family, is well suited for mainstream top-of-rack (TOR) data center deployments. It offers wire-rate Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching with a comprehensive feature set, including Algo Boost technology, and ultra-low latency. All comes in a compact, cost effective, 1-rack-unit (1RU) form factor.
Features and Capabilities
Algo Boost technology allows the Cisco Nexus 3524/3524-X to achieve exceptionally low latencies of 250 nanoseconds (ns) or less for all workloads. That includes unicast and multicast, and Layer 2 and 3, regardless of the features applied.
Among other benefits:
- Warp mode can further reduce latency to 190 ns for small-to-midsize Layer 2 and 3 deployments.
- Warp SPAN helps enables stock market data delivery to trading servers in as little as 50 ns.
- Active Buffer Monitoring helps you take advantage of market volatility and handle micro bursts.
- Technology supports Network Address Translation (NAT) for trade execution on any venue, without a latency penalty.
- Embedded Remote SPAN with nanosecond timestamps helps you monitor your traffic with unparalleled precision.
- Multicast NAT and latency monitoring leading to simplified co-location integration and enhanced traffic visibility and troubleshooting (only 3524-X model).
- Next generation 3524-X offers lower power consumption further lowering operational cost
Comprehensive Feature Set with Cisco NX-OS
The Cisco Nexus 3524/3524-X is powered by the data-center-class Cisco NX-OS operating system. Features include:
- Full-featured unicast protocols including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, and RIP
- Multicast protocols include PIM-SM, PIM-SSM, and MSDP
- Full support for access control lists (ACLs; port, VLAN, and routed) and quality of service (QoS; queueing and marking)
- Full support for troubleshooting tools such as Switched Port Analyzer (SPAN) and Ethanalyzer
- Switch management by Cisco Prime Data Center Network Manager (DCNM)
Specifications at a Glance
- 24 fixed 1/10-Gbps SFP+ ports; upgradeable to 48 with a valid license
- Line-rate Layer 2 and Layer 3 throughput of up to 480 Gbps
- Compact 1RU form factor
- Dual redundant color-coded power supplies
- Four redundant color-coded fans
Low Latency, More Visibility
Learn the benefits of Cisco Algo Boost technology in this video overview. (4:11 min)Watch Video