High Performance with Flexible Deployments
The Cisco Nexus 3524 Switch, part of the Unified Fabric Family, is well suited for mainstream top-of-rack (TOR) data center deployments. It offers wire-rate Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching with a comprehensive feature set, including Algo Boost technology, and ultra-low latency. All comes in a compact, cost effective, 1-rack-unit (1RU) form factor.
Features and Capabilities
Algo Boost technology allows the Cisco Nexus 3524 to achieve exceptionally low latencies of 250 nanoseconds (ns) or less for all workloads. That includes unicast and multicast, and Layer 2 and 3, regardless of the features applied.
Among other benefits:
- Warp mode can further reduce latency to 190 ns for small-to-midsize Layer 2 and 3 deployments.
- Warp SPAN helps enables stock market data delivery to trading servers in as little as 50 ns.
- Active Buffer Monitoring helps you take advantage of market volatility and handle micro bursts.
- Technology supports Network Address Translation (NAT) for trade execution on any venue, without a latency penalty.
- Embedded Remote SPAN with nanosecond timestamps helps you monitor your traffic with unparalleled precision.
Comprehensive Feature Set with Cisco NX-OS
The Cisco Nexus 3524 is powered by the data-center-class Cisco NX-OS operating system. Features include:
- Full-featured unicast protocols including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, and RIP
- Multicast protocols include PIM-SM, PIM-SSM, and MSDP
- Full support for access control lists (ACLs; port, VLAN, and routed) and quality of service (QoS; queueing and marking)
- Full support for troubleshooting tools such as Switched Port Analyzer (SPAN) and Ethanalyzer
- Switch management by Cisco Prime Data Center Network Manager (DCNM)
Specifications at a Glance
- 24 fixed 1/10-Gbps SFP+ ports; upgradeable to 48 with a valid license
- Line-rate Layer 2 and Layer 3 throughput of up to 480 Gbps
- Compact 1RU form factor
- Dual redundant color-coded power supplies
- Four redundant color-coded fans
Low Latency, More Visibility
Learn the benefits of Cisco Algo Boost technology in this video overview. (4:11 min)Watch Video