Cost-Effective Routing for Your Branch and WAN Edge
The Cisco ASR 1002-X Router offers embedded services for enterprise and service provider networks in a 2-rack unit (2RU) small form factor. It is integrated with a route processor, embedded services processor, and SPA interface processor. Running on Cisco IOS XE Software, the Cisco ASR 1002-X supports software redundancy without redundant hardware, just like Cisco ASR 1001, 1002, and 1004 Routers.
Get cost-effective routing, maximum flexibility, and outstanding performance.
Features and Capabilities
The ASR 1002-X:
- Offers a default system bandwidth of 5 Gbps, upgradable to 10 Gbps, 20 Gbps, or 36 Gbps with a software-activated upgrade license
- Houses three shared port adapter (SPA) slots which support single-height and dual-height SPAs, and six built-in Gigabit Ethernet ports
The ASR 1002-X is ideal for high-end enterprise branch offices, and as a high-performing edge solution for a private WAN. It supports:
- Managed services, including VPN and firewall
- Firewall and IP Security (IPsec) aggregation
- WAN aggregation and secure WAN
- Broadband aggregation
- Route reflector