Reinventing Edge Routing
The Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers transform the service provider and enterprise network edge by delivering industry-leading performance, instant-on service capabilities, and high availability in a compact form factor.
The Cisco ASR 1000 Series Routers deliver:
- Highly secure, high-performance, and integrated software-enabled services
- A new price class for high-performance edge routers
- High resiliency with convenient and cost-saving, in-service software upgrades
- Software redundancy on non-redundant hardware
For service providers, the Cisco ASR 1000 Series facilitates more flexible, efficient, and cost-effective delivery of complex consumer and business services. And for enterprises, it delivers a highly reliable, high-performance WAN edge solution where information, communication, collaboration, and commerce converge.
Cisco ASR 1000 Series Routers deliver industry-leading performance. (4:15 min)
Feature and Capabilities
All ASR 1000 Series models use the innovative and powerful Cisco QuantumFlow Processor, which provides a huge leap in performance and resiliency for network processors. This processor helps enable advanced services to operate at high speeds without the need for additional hardware or blades.
The Cisco ASR 1000 Series includes Cisco IOS XE Software, a flexible OS designed to provide modular packaging, feature velocity, and powerful resiliency. The Cisco ASR 1000 Series Routers are equipped with:
- Separation of the control and data planes
- Software redundancy on the Cisco ASR 1001, 1002, 1002-X, and 1004 Routers
- Hardware redundancy on the Cisco ASR 1006 and 1013 Routers
- Modular Cisco IOS XE Software to facilitate In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU)
- Scalable services embedded in the Cisco QuantumFlow Processor at wire speeds from 2.5 Gbps to 100 Gbps
Examples of some services include:
Specifications at a Glance
|Scalability:||2.5Gbps - 100Gbps|
|Shared port adapters:||1 - 24|
|Embedded service processor slots:||Integrated, 1 and 2|
|Route processor slots:||Integrated, 1 and 2|
|Number of SPA interface processors (SIPs) supported:||Up to 6|
|Redundancy:||Software and hardware|
|Redundant power supply:||Dual and quad|
|Hitless software upgrade:||ISSU|
|Programming interface:||XML and CLI script|
|Management tool:||Cisco Prime Network Analysis Module|
AVC Demonstration (Video - 4:30 min)
Save bandwidth by identifying and prioritizing what is running on your network.
Ready for IPv6 with Cisco ASR 1000 (Video 1:57 min)
A service provider prepares to offer cloud services with an IPv6-ready network.
Product Support Services
Cisco's Services can help you increase operational efficiency, lower support costs, and improve availability risk management.
Models and Documents
Learn about the similarities and differences of the models within this product series.
Cisco ASR 1006 Router
Cisco ASR 1004 Router
Cisco ASR 1002 Router
Cisco ASR 1002-X Router
Cisco ASR 1001 Router
Cisco ASR 1001-X Router
End-of-Life and End-of-Sale Notices