Cisco is announcing the Cisco® Catalyst® 4500E 9000W Power Supply
• PoE scale: Unprecedented scale for PoE (802.3af), Power over Ethernet Plus (PoEP) (802.3at), and Universal PoE (UPoE) devices in Cisco Catalyst 4500E Series Switches
• Energy efficiency: 80PLUS Platinum (formal certification pending) performance with more than 90-percent efficiency
• Lower total cost of ownership (TCO):
– Lower capital expenditures (CapEx): Upgrade only the power supply in existing E-Series chassis to avail the benefits
– Lower operating expenses (OpEx): Intelligent power monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities
Figure 1. Cisco Catalyst 4500E Series 9000W Power Supply
Table 1. PoE Scale
• Enables customers to meet corporate sustainability goals toward reducing their carbon footprint
• Offers lower power dissipation in the wiring closet, so requires no additional cooling
• The new 9000W power supply continues to deliver on the strong investment protection offered by the Cisco Catalyst 4500E platform, a key value proposition that differentiates the platform. This power supply is backward-compatible with all E-Series chassis, supervisor engines, line cards, and most older line cards as well.
• The new power supply measures the input and output power consumption of the system, enabling customers to optimally provision the right number of circuits in the wiring closet and accurately size the backup power (uninterruptible power supply [UPS]), thereby reducing infrastructure costs.
• It is equipped with "remote relay" functions that enable you to remotely shut down or power cycle a Cisco Catalyst 4500E Series Switch for maintenance when there is no access to the console or command-line interface (CLI) of the switch, thereby reducing maintenance costs.
Table 2. Ordering Information