Cisco access switches create new user experiences and support network and application requirements. They help you scale your infrastructure for growing business needs, increase network intelligence with visibility and control, simplify operations, and improve security for users and applications.
- Leading Catalyst switching platform for Enterprise Networks deployments
- High capacity (848 Gigabits) and density (240 full Power Over Ethernet Plus ports)
- 60 Watt Universal Power Over Ethernet powers an unprecedented range of devices
- High availability with In-Service Software Upgrade and Stateful Switchover
- Best-in-class and feature-rich stackable platform with 480 Gbps stacking for gigabit desktop and 802.11ac wireless
- Converged wired and wireless access by extending wired features, resiliency, granular QoS, and scalability to wireless
- Distributed intelligent services across wired and wireless for security, policy, application visibility and control, and more
- Foundation for Cisco Open Network Environment enabled by a new ASIC with programmability and investment protection
- Integrated wireless controller capability simplifies network architecture and operations
- Optional Cisco StackWise-160 technology provides scalability and resiliency
- Support for Cisco ONE Enterprise Networks Architecture with the UADP ASIC provides openness, programmability, and investment protection
- Cisco IOS XE software supports IPv4 and IPv6
- Modular QoS, Flexible NetFlow, and enhanced security features increase network flexibility, visibility, and controls
- Scalable, fixed-access switches with high resiliency for growth
- Smart, with intelligent networking and application-aware services for visibility and control
- Simple to operate, through embedded automation for software provisioning, quality of service (QoS), and plug-and- play
- Highly secure for users and applications, with flexible authentication, Cisco TrustSec, and IPv6 first hop security
- Greenest Catalyst switch ever
With high availability, both stackable and standalone options, and EnergyWise technology for efficient power management, Catalyst access switches can help you build a borderless business by providing ease of operations, sustainability, borderless experience and borderless security.
Lan Switches – Access
- Cisco Catalyst 4500E Series Switches
- Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series Switches
- Cisco Catalyst 3750-X Series Switches
- Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series Switches
- Cisco Catalyst 3650 Series Switches
- Cisco Catalyst 3560-X Series Switches
- Cisco Catalyst 3560 Series Switches
Catalyst Access Switches Help You Build a Borderless Business
Cisco Catalyst access switching and wireless LAN solutions, part of the Cisco Borderless Networks architecture help deliver agile services and applications to manage, secure and govern your network.
Ease of Operations
Cisco access switches allow your network to adapt and support new application deployments to meet changing business needs. A 10-Gigabit upgrade with the Network Module helps with scalability while protecting your existing investments. The switches also support Catalyst Smart Operations features that help automate infrastructure deployment.
Strengthen your control over wired and wireless access to your network. Cisco access switches provide end-to-end security using identity-based policy and threat intelligence capabilities. TrustSec helps secure networks with policy-based access control while MACsec provides hardware encryption for a higher level of security.
Cisco access switching provides the service intelligence and performance required for business-grade video and other revenue-generating services.
Cisco network access makes borderless mobility possible with a unified approach to wired and wireless services, such as location awareness, to enhance application performance. Power over Ethernet Plus helps ensure compatibility with future versions for deployment of next generation high power devices.
Catalyst switching solutions help implement greener practices with measurable power efficiency, integrated services, and Cisco EnergyWise, an innovative technology for company-wide energy management. StackPower on Cisco Catalyst 3750-X Switches provides high-availability and operational efficiency.
When the network knows, your business can fully adapt to dynamic market conditions.
At A Glance
Local-area network (LAN) access switches provide high-speed connectivity, applications, and communications systems that efficiently and securely manage bandwidth-intensive data, voice, video, and wireless applications.
To meet evolving network needs, Cisco Catalyst switch designs include these features:
- Application Intelligence
This helps networks recognize many types of applications and secure and prioritize those applications to provide the best user experience.
- Unified Network Services
Combining the best elements of wireless and wired networking allow you to consistently connect to any resource or person with any device. 10 Gigabit Ethernet technology, and Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology support new applications and devices.
- Nonstop Communications
Features such as redundant hardware, and non-stop forwarding and stateful switch over (NSF/SSO) technology support more reliable connections. StackPower on Cisco Catalyst 3750-X switches provides high-availability and operational efficiency .
- Integrated Security
LAN switches provide the first line of defense against internal network attacks and prevent unauthorized intrusion. TrustSec helps secure networks with policy-based access control while MACsec provides hardware encryption for a higher level of security.
- Operational Manageability
To more easily manage the network, IT staff must be able to remotely configure and monitor network devices from a central location. Catalyst Smart Operations features help automate infrastructure deployment.
Featured Campus Switching Case Studies
- Portuguese Schools Cut Energy Use by 25 Percent (PDF - 737 KB)
Cisco, Schneider Electric, and Verdiem deliver unified energy management across lighting, HVAC, and ICT infrastructures for Portuguese Schools.
- Navistar Builds Ideal Network Infrastructure Faster with Cisco
Cisco Catalyst SmartOperations simplify and speed deployment of state-of-the-art network infrastructure.
- State Tax Collector Develops Secure, Flexible Network
California Franchise Tax Board secures network and builds solid foundation with Cisco Catalyst switching solutions.
- Network Virtualization Transforms Busy Airport
Los Angeles World Airports leverages existing network to enhance security and better serve tenants.
Cisco Catalyst Instant Access is another access deployment option. You can extend a Cisco Catalyst 6800 Series or Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series backbone to the access layer with Cisco Catalyst 6800ia Switches. Learn more on the Catalyst 6800ia Switch product page.