Improve traffic, reduce congestion
Real-time parking availability makes cities greener and more livable.
Helping Cities, Citizens, and Parking Officers
Thirty percent of all traffic congestion in urban areas is caused by drivers looking for a parking space, ITS America reports. This wastes time, is inconvenient, and increases carbon dioxide emissions. The Cisco Smart+Connected City Parking solution provides citizens with real-time information about available parking.
The solution gathers and delivers the data by combining the foundational Smart+Connected City Wi-Fi infrastructure with IP cameras, sensors, and smartphone apps. It integrates with enforcement applications, pushing expiration notices to traffic officers for ticketing. It also provides visibility into parking analytics, including usage and vacancy periods, which helps cities with long-term planning.
- Increased revenue through improved capture rates and tickets issued for parking violations
- Additional revenue from pricing changes powered by analytics
- Higher enforcement-officer productivity and empowerment through the use of technology
- Improved success rate in parking ticket disputes
- Reduced circling, leading to savings of time and fuel
- Less overall congestion and general improvement in quality of life
- Search for parking spaces based on point of interest or preferences
- Receive voice guidance to a parking space
- Make payments using a mobile phone
Parking-enforcement officers can:
- View a live video feed of parking and no-parking zones
- Detect and report parking violations in no-parking and loading zones via video
- Easily configure and manage the sensors and video infrastructure
- Monitor the enforcement of policies for parking violations
City planners can:
- Gather parking occupancy, revenue, and enforcement reports
- Provide detailed information such as time of day, day of week, etc., to assist with pricing decisions
Smart+Connected City Parking At-a-Glance (PDF - 358 KB)